Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

If Bray Wyatt ever wants to recreate the Doink WrestleMania 9 spot, Jericho would be a good shout to play the other Fiend.

Shawn Michaels might have something to say about that. 

12 minutes ago, Weezenal said:

Jericho will probably headline WrestleMania again in the next next 5 years.

Not likely, his main attribute at this stage is creating characters and stories that get people invested. He has never been the type of marque name that Wrestlemania relies on. Unless you mean one of five mainevents, I can’t see any way he’d be in the very last match. 
His best bet would be to do some kind of Mikey Rourke character like in The Wrestler.

Personally think his last proper match will be in AEW before he steps into a creative role backstage at either company 

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

His best bet would be to do some kind of Mikey Rourke character like in The Wrestler.

I've seen the Necro Butcher recently, and I dont think he'll make it for another 5 years to wrestle Chris The Ram Jericho.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I don't dislike Jericho, but if he retired into a backstage creative role devising ideas for other talent, the only thing that would keep him at it long term would be getting credited as some genius star maker. AEW would probably let him have that recognition, both internally and externally, as it might support their own image, but he'd never survive as a cog in the machine at Stamford HQ.

Courtesy of the BecauseWCW Podcast:

The last time a wrestling PPV was held on February 29th was WCW Superbrawl II. With his match last night at AEW Revolution, Dustin Rhodes  is the only man to compete on both leap-day PPVs

Edited by WyattSheepMask

2 hours ago, AshC said:

It's a shame how 2020 internet seems determined to turn a few old favourites (Sid, Scott Steiner, Davey Boy Smith) into memes. These were big stars.

Steiner became meme territory when that photo of him being banned from the Hall of Fame came out. And he'd long been going that way during his TNA run.

Edited by Merzbow

Think about what Sid's famous for and it's no wonder people see him as a bit of a tit. Just the other day I was shouting THANK YOUUUUUUU MY MAAAAN after that bit on the Best Of Raw 3 tape I got free with Warzone where him, Shawn and Bret are in the ring and Shawn lashes him a mic. Everything he does is just so over the top. It must be fucking knackering to be him because he's just on one all the time when he's on screen. Even when he's whispering it's with the cadence of I AM SUPERIOR TO ALL

Edited by Cannibal Man

10 minutes ago, Cannibal Man said:

I like that story of Harvey Wippleman being late for a car ride and when he sat down in front Sid just grabbed the back of his head and forced it down between his knees yelling things to the effect of LATE ARE YOU HEY

Followed by "bit of kwesh is it lad?"