Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Random thought around the streaming rights for PPVs. If Amazon does make a play for it, I wonder if Jeff Bezos would park his boat so to speak and be interested in buying WWE outright when the inevitable happens to Vince?

Imagine that: “WWE, an Amazon company”.

On 2/10/2020 at 12:28 PM, JNLister said:

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/17460654.2013.816976

Reading this piece turn on the earliest known wrestling footage and found a fun trivia piece. The clip at the start of the old WWE TV opening (with the voiceover about tonight ladies and gentlemen we have a great main event) was known to be of Ernest Roeber-August Faust from 1901.

However, it turns out it's not from the "real" match. Instead they got the two guys to recreate it later on for recording, with a fake crowd and a ring on the roof of the company that distributed the film. (Shades of 1995 RAW.)

(12) Every WWE signature intro ever_ WWE Playlist  (1).png

They faked the clip! Damn, if you can't trust anyone in the wrestling business, who can you trust?

• Paid Members

Watching the post-WM 12 episode of Raw and it just dawned on me how mad it is that Shawn Michaels' initial run on top (i.e from Wrestlemania 12 to 14) only lasted two years. 

Mind you, Vince's shit eating grin and practically wanking over HBK throughout this particular episode is nauseating as hell.

Regarding that old clip, I always found it strange that no one in the audience was wearing a hat, as they seemed very much part of dress wear and common place back then. Especially judging by photos from sporting events from 100+ years ago in historian books etc. 

Would have never have guessed it was not legitimate though. 

9 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Don't remember seeing heel/heel matches as a kid but watching those great WWF monthly vids on YouTube, there was a Shango/Repo match in December 92, then HBK/Skinner in January 93.

Wasn't the latter during HBK's IC run where he nearly always got counted out to keep the belt? I'm sure there was a vid with him against Kamala too which ended that way, not sure if Kamala was heel at that point though.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

Does anyone remember Gary Spivey in WCW 1995? Watching Fall Brawl and his fuckin wig looks shit. 

I mainly remember him as the first WrestleCrap entry I ever read.