Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

8 minutes ago, IronSheik said:

Which wrestler jobbed the least in their career?

- Hogan?

- Warrior?

- The Sheik?

- Dusty Rhodes?

- anyone else spring to mind?

Are we talking refusing to job, or just protected?

Undertaker has always been well protected, I don’t think he was pinned from November 91until KOTR 95 was he?

Sting was also pretty well protected. I think was only pinned clean once, which ended up being his final match

Edited by WyattSheepMask

13 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Are we talking refusing to job, or just protected?

Undertaker has always been well protected, I don’t think he was pinned from November 91until KOTR 95 was he?

Sting was also pretty well protected. I think was only pinned clean once, which ended up being his final match

Great shouts, I'm just wondering who had the lowest loss % over their career either through Booker protection or politicking or whatever.

Piper is also a great shout. He refused to take Macho's elbow in WCW having had Hogan job to his sleeper weeks prior.

• Paid Members

Given the news concerning Wrestlemania, I wonder how the US TV contracts work in this current situation given that the WWE are supposed to supply "original programming"? If there is going to be a prolonged lock down thanks to COVID-19 that will go beyond the end of April (looking likely at this stage), then I wonder if they will "do an Impact" and try to film several episodes of Raw & Smackdown as a block over several days at the PC to give around 4 to 8 weeks or so of programming to supply? It might be something to consider given that if any of the roster are confirmed positive for coronavirus then that will surely halt production for an indefinite amount of time.

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, Mikeymike83 said:

Goldberg perhaps? Other than Undertaker last year, has he been cleanly beaten?

Booker T has a pretty clean win over him on a Nitro in 2000.

EDIT: Wasn't nearly as clean as I remembered. Or clean at all.

Edited by PowerButchi

1 hour ago, IronSheik said:

Which wrestler jobbed the least in their career?

- Hogan?

- Warrior?

- The Sheik?

- Dusty Rhodes?

- anyone else spring to mind?

The original Sheik? He lost and drew quite a bit in his career.

What about Big Daddy?

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

On the records I have, Daddy lost five times between 1977 and his last match in 1993, though I believe they were all DQs.

Warrior lost a bunch of cage matches in 1991 but presumably by his opponent escaping. He also had the odd countout loss to Savage in early 89 and late 90 during their respective title reigns. As far as pinfall losses, in his entire WWF run I believe it was Andre on a European house show, Rude at WrestleMania V and Slaughter at Rumble 91, of which the last two were definitely screwy.

• Paid Members

Honky Tonk Man had to be the guy who had the least amount of TV loses, who had the least amount of value (after his IC title loss.) This fucker had to take a guitar to the head to lose to Dusty Rhodes and a mega phone to the bonce against Bret Hart. Hogan had to even use piano from the ceiling to beat him on SNME. What was his logic there? It did him more harm than good in the long run.

Just now, JNLister said:

On the records I have, Daddy lost five times between 1977 and his last match in 1993, though I believe they were all DQs.

Warrior lost a bunch of cage matches in 1991 but presumably by his opponent escaping. He also had the odd countout loss to Savage in early 89 and late 90 during their respective title reigns. As far as pinfall losses, in his entire WWF run I believe it was Andre on a European house show, Rude at WrestleMania V and Slaughter at Rumble 91, of which the last two were definitely screwy.

Here is the Warrior vs Andre one, from a match in Cesena, Italy.