Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

Is there a bigger delusional mother fucker than Greg Gange in the history or the wrestling business? He takes credit for almost every strategic move that led to WCW beating Vince in the ratings for 83 weeks. He doesn't seem to be held in high regard by anyone which leads me to conclude he is a narsassist bullshitter.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, IronSheik said:

Is there a bigger delusional mother fucker than Greg Gange in the history or the wrestling business? He takes credit for almost every strategic move that led to WCW beating Vince in the ratings for 83 weeks. He doesn't seem to be held in high regard by anyone which leads me to conclude he is a narsassist bullshitter.

Mike Graham did the exact same thing. Who really knows what went on behind the curtain in WCW. It was always a complete shit show even during it's peak that stumbled across successes and quickly messed them up. 

• Paid Members
On 4/4/2020 at 4:20 PM, Accident Prone said:

Kinda felt wrong to post this in the 'Minor News That Doesn't Deserve A Thread' thread (because I'm posting a thread) and it felt arrogant to post this in 'Top Twitter', but if anyone fancies a jog down memory lane to the far-away time that was January 2020, I've posted the giant January 2020 Wrestle Wipe thread on Twitter;

There's also a bumper illustrated version that has all kinds of photos, videos, screenshots and Tweets for an extra dollop of context.

I hope you are all keeping well! 

I uploaded the February edition this week, both the thread and the illustrated web version. The past 6 weeks have been so wild that you've probably forgot 85% of what happened in Feb.

February thread:

And the bumper illustrated version.

The March thread will be hitting next week and then it's some well deserved time off until July, where I'll cover April - June.

• Paid Members

After all these years, I don't know if there is a move more exciting than Scott Steiner's Frankensteiner. I'm watching loads of old WCW at the moment, and it's breathtaking every time. I don't know if it's his size, or the snap he seems to have when executing it, but it's so much more impressive than any hurricanrana I've ever seen. 

I love Scott Steiner. It's a common random thought of mine, as much as i love the Steiner brothers as a team, how i believe had he had a rocket strapped to him at points in his early WWF or WCW tenures that he could have been bigger than curly fries. What a ridiculously impressive athlete and specimen he was. Particularly at that point. So much more so than anyone else around that time or most that came before him. Except perhaps only for good ol' Tommy Magee.

There must have been a reason why neither company went for it, though. It might have been because he was such a head-the-ball. You could trust Hogan, Bret, Sting, Luger and Flair to go on a morning show and not end up raping Regis with their thumbs. Send Scotty instead and it's a gamble.

23 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

There must have been a reason why neither company went for it, though. It might have been because he was such a head-the-ball. You could trust Hogan, Bret, Sting, Luger and Flair to go on a morning show and not end up raping Regis with their thumbs. Send Scotty instead and it's a gamble.

As true as that is, there were still points where they were willing to take a stab with the likes of Warrior and Sid too. I've heard that WWF did want to split them and push Scotty, but he was against a split, so there's that. But i've always seen him being pretty damn perfect for the Luger push. I'd like to take whatever gives you a Firefly Funhouse vision and experience that alternate reality and see how it'd have played out.

• Paid Members

On Something To Wrestle With, Bruce Prichard said he pitched for the Steiners to debut in the '93 Royal Rumble, for Scott to WIN, and then win the title at Wrestlemania. He just couldn't convince Vince that elevating someone so new so quickly would work.

WCW did want to push both Steiners as top singles guys in the early days as well didn't they? I know Scott hates Flair because they had a bad match which killed his singles push and Flair came close to quitting when Dusty wanted him to drop the title to Rick.

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, gmoney said:

After all these years, I don't know if there is a move more exciting than Scott Steiner's Frankensteiner. I'm watching loads of old WCW at the moment, and it's breathtaking every time. I don't know if it's his size, or the snap he seems to have when executing it, but it's so much more impressive than any hurricanrana I've ever seen. 

The first time I saw it was when they had a match on Raw. Nearly fell off my chair, never seen anything like it.

• Paid Members

The one he hit at the Royal Rumble in 93, on whichever Beverly Brother Mike Enos was. No wonder it was called the Franksteiner. The top of his head must’ve been flat as a card for a good week after this. 

9003027C-0CDC-4AE5-A262-6A7D756662E2.gif

4 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

The one he hit at the Royal Rumble in 93, on whichever Beverly Brother Mike Enos was. No wonder it was called the Franksteiner. The top of his head must’ve been flat as a card for a good week after this. 

9003027C-0CDC-4AE5-A262-6A7D756662E2.gif

I believe that's how a frankensteiner SHOULD look! Make it look like you kill the guy by landing him on his head, not this roll through bump that does nothing like most hurricanranas! 

Exactly. That's what a Frankensteiner by a massive bloke like Scott should be like. Absolutely fucking murderous.

Where did the name come from? The lucha one into a pin was named after Huracan Ramirez, with a Rana apparently being that knees on shoulders pin. I assume the Frankensteiner was so called because anyone who survived it needed bolts in their neck afterwards.

Edited by CavemanLynn