PowerButchi

Random Thoughts III.

Just now, dopper said:

I’m not saying Vince is wrong to only acknowledge that one short-lived gimmick, but the list I made was of achievements Jarrett could and should be proud of over a 30 year career and it must bug him that he’s only remembered by many people for a comedy gimmick that lasted for 2 of those years.

I dunno, a lot of wrestlers end up with a fairly short-lived period of their career lasting the test of time as their nostalgia character - and the more cartoonish, the easier it is to slot into a 30-second skit. IRS was only a couple of years of Mike Rotunda's career, and it's very rare that we'd see him pop up on Old School Raw as something else. 

Can't really see how Jarrett coming out in a 'Don't Piss Me Off' t-shirt will go down in the PG Era.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Can't really see how Jarrett coming out in a 'Don't Piss Me Off' t-shirt will go down in the PG Era.

Would have to go with "Don't Tick Me Off" like they did on his Jakks figure.

3 hours ago, Wrasslin said:

But to be fair Mike Rotunda didn’t go on to become a multiple time world champion after being IRS.

Booker T already does the five-time WCW champion gimmick. Double J nicking that (or pretending the TNA belt counts for anything) wouldn’t do anyone any favours.

7 hours ago, dopper said:

it must bug him that he’s only remembered by many people for a comedy gimmick that lasted for 2 of those years.

This is Jarrett we're talking about, I can't imagine he's remotely bothered as long as he's getting money and an ego stroke, and this is how he's getting both of those in 2020. 

22 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

That 2020 picture has lost its Brazzers logo.

I thought about making a Lars Sullivan joke here but nah.