Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

Thought we had an on-topic stuff you've been watching thread but couldn't find it.

In my mind, Brock's fresh off battering Cena at Summerslam and I'm excited to see what the future holds for the three members of The Shield. Haven't watched WWE outside of YouTube in forever.

Signed up for the Network over the weekend after reading great reports from the Royal Rumble and Raw. Watched Shawn vs Undertaker from 26; Hogan vs Rock, and Bret vs Stone Cold. When WWE get it right, they don't half get it right. Loved every minute, would be nice to get back into current WWE again after that.

Edited by Undefeated Steak

• Paid Members
On 2/1/2020 at 11:09 AM, King Pitcos said:

I dunno, a lot of wrestlers end up with a fairly short-lived period of their career lasting the test of time as their nostalgia character - and the more cartoonish, the easier it is to slot into a 30-second skit. IRS was only a couple of years of Mike Rotunda's career, and it's very rare that we'd see him pop up on Old School Raw as something else. 

Exactly.

Unless he's going to be a regular character, what does "Don't Piss Me Off" era Jarrett have to offer the WWE? The comedy gimmick is more instantly recognisable, and serves its purpose for a nostalgia appearance. Him showing up in silver shorts and shades doesn't really lend itself to any instant gratification.

The solution, therefore, is that Jeff should be on TV every week.

• Paid Members

Watching mid-90s WCW stuff on the Network, my love for Col Robert Parker has been an absolute revelation. He's probably in my top ten characters of all time now.

As a manager he just sort of does everything wrong, but so perfectly wrong. He towers over half the people he manages, which is meant to be a big no-no, but is so damn good at making himself look ineffectual that it doesn't matter. While almost any other manager would be reacting to their client being on the receiving end of a beating by barking instructions, or doing a Paul Heyman shocked face, he's pulling out a handkerchief and fanning himself, mopping his brow, and trying to walk it off. It's absolutely masterful.