Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

Not today, but very recently learnt that it was an Allen Carr who wrote the famous “The Easy Way to Stop Smoking” and not the chat show host of the same name, albeit with a different spelling.

I’ve spent close to two decades thinking the annoying chubster used to smoke like a chimney, found the secret to kicking the habit and wrote a book about it. 

3 minutes ago, CharlesTuckerTheThird said:

Today I found out that, after leaving Archie Comics on spectacularly bad terms, Ken Penders currently spends his time making vague threats of lawsuits against Sega and Archie. 

And very slowly writing his ugly as fuck looking "not sonic" comic which also seems a little noncey. Ken is a train wreck and the countless videos documenting him are fun to watch, one of the few "lolcows" I don't feel bad for.

3 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

And very slowly writing his ugly as fuck looking "not sonic" comic which also seems a little noncey. Ken is a train wreck and the countless videos documenting him are fun to watch, one of the few "lolcows" I don't feel bad for.

I know he left on such bad terms, Archie went "Fuck it! Reboot Sonic!" But I had no idea he was taking it this badly some 20-odd years later.....

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Fashion designer Wayne Hemingway's dad was Native American wrestler, actor and Mohawk leader Billy Two Rivers.

Here is another thing you can learn today then G. Having seen him asked about his dad in interviews he was very touchy on the subject. He didn't really like to be questioned on the whole wrestling thing. 

He also designed a water butt shaped like an arse, which may be an amusing play on words, but is surely a bit weird. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

A tenth of the UK population tried to get tickets for Oasis at Knebworth in 1996. To put it into perspective, 3% tried to get tickets for Taylor Swifts Eras tour.

I bet numerically they're pretty similar amounts, which is why they'll have used percentages to make the Oasis number look bigger. 

Edit @SuperBaconall it takes is one decent Christmas single and you're pretty much set. You can probably retire off of a Christmas album. Hanson did two. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz