Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

47 minutes ago, Browser Brady said:

TIL that the Pogues song  “Dirty old Town” is a cover.

Wow did not know this, this has thrown me more than I thought.

When I was back in uni a pub close to us used to do a ÂŁ1 a bottle on Tuesdays, we used to call it Scott Hall day and we would always put dirty old town on by the Pogues first on the jukebox before anything else.

Today I found out that Alfred Hitchcock was something of a ribber. On one production, a stagehand bet Hitchcock a month's wages that he could stay all night in the studio, handcuffed to a camera and not get scared. Hitchcock took the bet and even brought the guy a bottle of brandy to keep him warm. Unfortunately, the brandy was laced with laxatives, so when the rest of the crew came back the next morning, they found the guy crying and occasionally shitting himself. Hitchcock paid the guy and told him "Don't fuck with me ever again."

2 hours ago, CharlesTuckerTheThird said:

Today I found out that Alfred Hitchcock was something of a ribber.

Or, if you were a blonde leading lady, something a bit stronger!

Today I Learned that Frankie Muniz of Malcolm In The Middle fame supports Coventry City. 

• Paid Members

Today I found out that Arkham Knight had cut dialogue involving Batman capturing Victor Zsasz, the character's model itself is seen during the CCTV footage of

Spoiler

Barbara Gordon being kidnapped...

and the theory goes nuts from there.

• Paid Members
On 12/12/2023 at 11:19 PM, Keith Houchen said:

Or, if you were a blonde leading lady, something a bit stronger!

Today I Learned that Frankie Muniz of Malcolm In The Middle fame supports Coventry City. 

He's also having a little bit of success in stock car racing.

• Paid Members

There was a persistent rumour for ages that Frankie Muniz was was a tragic figure now with some kind of memory/brain issue that was usually described by saying he couldn't even remember being on Malcolm in the middle. I saw him interviewed by Steve o a year or so  back and they asked him about it and he casually said it wasn't true and something about how he actually said once that he was so young and there was so much going on so fast that it was all a blur and people took it out of context and ran with it. It was a funny non dramaric climax and also a relief to just hear him say nah I'm actually fine. 

Edit: here's a vid if you wanna hear it from the horse's mouth. I remember him coming across as really likeable.

Edited by Bellenda Carlisle