Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members
Chest Rockwell
This post was recognized by Chest Rockwell!

Surf Digby was awarded the badge 'Great Content'

10 hours ago, Carbomb said:

TIL that Krysten Ritter is not related to John. I'd just assumed all this time she was his daughter.

Wait until you find out that Linford Christie isn't Agatha's son.

Kathryn Bigelow was slated to film a version of the X-Men in about 1990, that would have starred Bob Hoskins as Wolverine.

Just picture that!

ytfdhlwhndna1.jpg

Edited by Loki
Grrr!

I would have liked to have seen that!

It's one of my pet peeves that Jack Reacher stans bang on about how Tom Cruise shouldn't be allowed to play a character who is portrayed in the books as tall but....no-one bats an eyelid at tall Hugh Jack man playing 5ft tall Wolverine.

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, Just Some Guy said:

I would have liked to have seen that!

It's one of my pet peeves that Jack Reacher stans bang on about how Tom Cruise shouldn't be allowed to play a character who is portrayed in the books as tall but....no-one bats an eyelid at tall Hugh Jack man playing 5ft tall Wolverine.

A lot still do though, even now.

Also, to be fair, being a huge fucking beast is part of the Reacher thing, Wolverine being a shortarse isn't really referenced that often or really matters.

3 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Bigelow made Point Break instead, so we won double.

I have just watched Blue Steel (4 days left on Prime), she was on fire in 1990.  Great director, great films but, yeah... not sure a comic book would have been the right material for her.

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Loki said:

I have just watched Blue Steel (4 days left on Prime), she was on fire in 1990.  Great director, great films but, yeah... not sure a comic book would have been the right material for her.

I think Blue Steel is far and away her most underrated film. Ron Silver at his bastard best too,

12 hours ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Wolverine being a shortarse isn't really referenced that often or really matters.

It was referenced a lot in the comics from the characters creation through to about 2000.

After that his depiction in comics is clearly influenced by the film version.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Just Some Guy said:

It was referenced a lot in the comics from the characters creation through to about 2000.

After that his depiction in comics is clearly influenced by the film version.

Fair enough, I'm a fairly casual reader of comics and don't ever remember seeing it referenced at all.