Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

Today I learned that the National Lottery website has raised the minimum withdrawal to £10 from its online accounts, when the majority of prizes from the scratchcard and draws are well under that.

Fuck that noise, going back to the shops. At least I can win some mars bars without having to stack up for 8 packs. Dick move, that.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, seph said:

Today I learned that the National Lottery website has raised the minimum withdrawal to £10 from its online accounts, when the majority of prizes from the scratchcard and draws are well under that.

Fuck that noise, going back to the shops. At least I can win some mars bars without having to stack up for 8 packs. Dick move, that.

I assume that there’s some governing body setting that limit, as most betting sites have a £10 minimum withdrawal. Just means when you win smaller amounts you end up gambling them in the hope to turn them into something bigger, rather than letting them accumulate over time, because it turns out gamblers don't have great long-term planning ability or impulse control.

• Paid Members

Glassdoor has removed anonymity so now every employer you have left a scathing review for and every manager you have warned prospective employees about can see your real name which was added to your profile without consent.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2024/03/glassdoor-adding-users-real-names-job-info-to-profiles-without-consent/

I’ve not put much on there and nothing I did put was particularly outrageous but fuck them. Very quickly deleted my account.

3 hours ago, FLips said:

Glassdoor has removed anonymity so now every employer you have left a scathing review for and every manager you have warned prospective employees about can see your real name which was added to your profile without consent.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2024/03/glassdoor-adding-users-real-names-job-info-to-profiles-without-consent/

I’ve not put much on there and nothing I did put was particularly outrageous but fuck them. Very quickly deleted my account.

I've just had a memory that when I signed up, I put that I worked for Tesla, as obviously I didn't want to disclose my real employer. Lol!

Edit: apparently not, although according to Glassdoor I do have my own tech/engineering firm.

spacer.png

Who wants a job?

Edited by SuperBacon
JOHN JOHNSTONE!!!

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

TIL that Diane Morgan is 48. I honestly thought she was late 20s, early 30s. She's looking great for nearly 50!

That made me want to check how long she's been a regular face on TV, and it turns out her first appearance as Philomena Cunk on Screenwipe was over 11 years ago. Time moves too bloody fast these days!

• Paid Members

The roof dome of the Royal Albert Hall isn't actually attached to the rest of the building. It's just sat on top, kept in place by its own 600 ton weight.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Surf Digby said:

The chap that's shitting himself when stood on the mesh?

That's the fella. To be fair if I was up there I'd be shitting myself as well. Thankfully for me my only Royal Albert Hall was mainly at ground level and no defecation was involved.