Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

Today I learned that Jennifer Saunders character in Ab Fab, Eddie Monsoon, is also the name of a character played by her husband Ade Edmunson in The comic strip presents. Both are named after the the pronunciation of his surname Ed Monsoon/Edmunson. A version of this is also the reason for his character in Bottom having the first name Eddie. 

Lance Bass of Nsync nearly went into space.

He completed cosmonaut training and was going to be part of a documentary about a celebrity going into space on the Soyuz capsule to the ISS.

It was discovered in his medicals that he had a heart condition so he had surgery to correct it and entered astronaut training, but the documentary fell through.

They went to MTV but then they were worried he might die in space, so all the other sponsors pulled out and he was replaced.

Mad.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

He completed cosmonaut training and was going to be part of a documentary about a celebrity going into space on the Soyuz capsule to the ISS.

It was discovered in his medicals that he had a heart condition so he had surgery to correct it and entered astronaut training, but the documentary fell through.

They went to MTV but then they were worried he might die in space, so all the other sponsors pulled out and he was replaced.

Mad.

I imagine he was gutted when his plans went Bye, Bye, Bye. 

15 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Mad.

Tearin’ up his heart were they?

On 2/16/2024 at 2:02 PM, MrK said:

If you like random footballers appearing in Hollywood movies, ex Scotland manager Alex McLeish is in Stan & Ollie. 

And don’t get me started on Escape To Victory. 

My wife casually dropped into conversation one day that her sister’s father in law was a former  professional footballer and that he had a part in “some film”…

Only bloody “Escape to Victory “

Tim Commerford from Rage Against The Machine believes that the moon landing was faked. He even confronted Buzz Aldrin on it one time. 

Also, his dad was a aerospace engineer for NASA and was part of the team that designed the space shuttle.

17 minutes ago, Glenryck Pilchards said:

TIL that if I press the start button on my car three times, it calls the emergency services. I had a very awkward conversation with a 999 operator that I called by mistake...

Should've blamed another pensioner mate 😆

• 2 weeks later...

In April 2018, Rory Culkin married cinematographer Sarah Scrivener in New Orleans, Louisiana. Their wedding was officiated by Paul Heyman on the eve of Wrestlemania 34.

Edited by deathrey

13 minutes ago, deathrey said:

In April 2018, Rory Culkin married cinematographer Sarah Scrivener in New Orleans, Louisiana. Their wedding was officiated by Paul Heyman on the eve of Wrestlemania 34.

I mean if he didn't start the ceremony with "Ladies and gentlemen my name is Paul Heyman" then what is the point of anything?