Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Daisy Ridley is the great niece of Arnold Ridley, aka Godfrey from Dad's Army (the best character). 

Might start an early onset Alzheimer's thread as I told this to my girlfriend just now and apparently I already told her that ages ago. 

30 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Might start an early onset Alzheimer's thread as I told this to my girlfriend just now and apparently I already told her that ages ago. 

Have you told her about Alistair Darling?

• Paid Members
On 2/3/2024 at 10:19 AM, DavidB6937 said:

TIL that Mr Tumble is Shaun the Sheep.

This is what happens when you have kids and Wikipedia.

On 2/3/2024 at 10:32 AM, CharlesTuckerTheThird said:

TIL that Nicole Oliver, the voice of Princess Celestia in My Little Pony, also did a bunch of voices for Warhammer 40,000 Dawn Of War. Crazy.

Obligatory mention that Richard Ridings, the voice of Daddy Pig in Peppa Pig, is also the voice of the mentor/narrator in Dungeon Keeper (as well as having done a ton of Warhammer voices too). 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Scratch said:

TIL Graham Souness was Dale Winton’s best man at his wedding.

Apparently they were really good mates, but that was a bit for a show rather than a real wedding.  I can't remember if Graeme Souness was in on it though or if he thought Dale Winton really was marrying Nell McAndrew.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, gmoney said:

Daisy Ridley is the great niece of Arnold Ridley, aka Godfrey from Dad's Army (the best character). 

2 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Have you told her about Alistair Darling?

• Paid Members

So Russia is the leading producer of the element named after Poland, South Africa of the element named after Russia (Ruthenium), and China of the element named after India.

• Paid Members

The band Doves of Pounding and Black & White Town fame were previously Sub Sub who reached number 3 in 1993 with Ain't No Love (Ain't No Use).

1 minute ago, Scratch said:

The band Doves of Pounding and Black & White Town fame were previously Sub Sub who reached number 3 in 1993 with Ain't No Love (Ain't No Use).

I remember some interviewer tried to embarrass them with this and Jimi shut them down by saying it’s a brilliant song and it paid for their studio. 

10 minutes ago, Scratch said:

And all 3 of those songs are absolutely superb.

I'm not a massive fan of Doves but There Goes The Fear makes me well up every time, and you can hear some of the Sub Sub influence at the end when it breaks down, and in Pounding to be honest.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Scratch said:

This is the good stuff! Blown my mind a bit, that! Outstanding piece of trivia and I can't believe I hadn't heard it before.