Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

Today I learned that Sissy Spacek provided the voice for Anne Uumellmahaye in The Man With Two Brains.

For all the times I've seen it over the last 30+ years, I don't think I've ever even wondered who it was.

On 10/26/2023 at 12:40 AM, SuperBacon said:

Frances Bean Cobain married Riley Hawk (son of Tony) in a ceremony officiated by Michael Stipe. Excellent. 

If only Riley Hawk had married Maya Hawke they could have reunited the warring Hawk clans.

• Paid Members
On 10/28/2023 at 11:25 AM, Loki said:

If only Riley Hawk had married Maya Hawke they could have reunited the warring Hawk clans.

But she could still marry retired Brazilian footballer Rafael Scheidt and become Maya Scheidt-Hawke.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

In Australia Burger King is called Hungry Jack's as some flaming galah from Adelaide had already trademarked the name and they couldn't use it. 

This nugget of information was brought to you by my 10yo. 

Just Eat is called Menulog in Australia as well because they (Just Eat) didn't want to change the name of the company they bought out there in order to retain the brand recognition. All the adverts are the same, but instead of using the words "just eat" they say "Menulog" as demonstrated here by celebrity Burnley fan Snoop Dingle. 

• Paid Members
On 10/28/2023 at 6:21 PM, Tommy! said:

Off topic but I'm fascinated with russian history late 19th to early 21st century, should anyone have podcast recommendations.

I think you can still get a free trial to Wondrium, which has some great courses on Russian/Eastern European history.

On 10/29/2023 at 8:06 AM, jazzygeofferz said:

Just Eat is called Menulog in Australia as well because they (Just Eat) didn't want to change the name of the company they bought out there in order to retain the brand recognition. All the adverts are the same, but instead of using the words "just eat" they say "Menulog" as demonstrated here by celebrity Burnley fan Snoop Dingle. 

I particularly like the text that says PAID ACTOR at the bottom just as ol' Snoop starts rapping, like it needs to be clarified he was hired to make a song that features somebody handgliding his rice order to him and that he simply didn't volunteer his services as he likes the convenience of food delivery services so much.

• Paid Members

Presumably Australian advertising laws are very strict, or people are that stupid.

Maybe they actually meant the hang gliding delivery guy was the paid actor so people wouldn't get disappointed when a guy on a moped delivers their food to them. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz