The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Not so sure with McIntyre, he earned some 'indy points' in between his WWE spells to the point that Dem were clamouring for him to sign for WWE. They all said how much he'd improved as a worker and he was a regular for EVOLVE at the time and all that lot.

I never caught his EVOLVE run (because it's EVOLVE and is a shower of shite) but his short PWG run was very entertaining, as was his stint in ICW. Maybe it's the WWE style that dulls him, but his dynamic is certainly lost on the big stage. You can say that for a lot of guys though.

Drew should have been the top dog. Nobody else ticks the boxes like he does. The 50/50 grind has already done it's damage on him though. He isn't particularly over, but nor was HHH. That fuck had Sable, Shawn, Chyna, DX, Steph etc thrown at him. McIntyre got Adolph Zigglered on arrival. He's had little chance.

I don't see any strong main event heels on the full time roster. Is Shane o Mac the last boss at the moment? Fucking hell.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

He's a big lad, he's not got cool moves, he's a fairly bland worker and he's not got many of Pitcos's internet points. 

I dunno. The guy "wasn't used properly" and was let go then "proved how good he was somewhere else" and they took him back. Doesn't he have a fair bit of cred?

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I remember seeing him on some PWG shows, the only thing that stood out for me was that he was so much bigger then everyone else and he was doing Suicide dives and Tope Con Hilo’s

Makes sense seeing as he was facing off against the like Mike Bailey, Roderick Strong and Jack Evans. Him chucking those dudes around was great fun and he was more than willing to put anyone over.

1 minute ago, air_raid said:

I dunno. The guy "wasn't used properly" and was let go then "proved how good he was somewhere else" and they took him back. Doesn't he have a fair bit of cred?

Eh, Drew's post-WWE run holds a lot more water than Albert's "I swear he's good in Japan" stuff. Despite my opinion on EVOLVE and ICW, he held his own in both promotions, which is a sign of his depth due to how different both companies are. One is more work-rate based, the other is a more story driven promotion and he excelled at both roles. 

On 4/24/2019 at 7:55 PM, d-d-d-dAz said:

Baron Corbin isn't deserving of his entrance theme. It's too good. He needs his own twat siren of some sort.

I got irrationally excited about him being the no. 1 contender on Monday. I've decided that I want them to double, triple down on him being a boring parasite - give him the title via chinlock. The works. I'm in.

Adding to this I don't know why he still comes down in that attire. I could understand when he was GM but now he just reminds me of corporate Kane. I guess you could argue they are doing it so there is literally nothing likeable about him. 

• Paid Members

Exactly. Let him show off his silly bollocks tattoos, at least it gives him some identity of sorts. I don't know what Baron Corbin is. At least in NXT and his early WWE run I knew what he was- a miserable yet cocky loner prick that also came across as quite a tough bastard. I couldn't begin to explain him now.

4 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

On Raw? Because old Shane-o is a pretty great heel on Smackers. I think McIntyre, Lashley and Sullivan are all useless enough to be proper heels. Also D-Bry is a great heel if he's not dead. KO got great heat for his turn this week but I think he'll get cheered as usual going forward.

Shane is a great shout! Dunno how much he’ll be doing going forward, I’d love to see him challenge Kofi. I’m assuming Bryan is dead. McIntyre’s got too many internet points to be particularly effective as a heel. Lashley just inspires apathy, nobody moans about him like they do Corbin.

• Paid Members

I've only just gotten around to watching the whole of this week's Raw and, my God. For as much as I adored Bray Wyatt's vignette, I think Sami Zayn showing his holiday snaps might have been even better. This new character is phenomenal. I see no reason why he can't go straight to the top with this. Feud him with Seth over the Title, having Sami attack Seth for pandering to the dickhead fans. I love it.

8 hours ago, Supremo said:

I've only just gotten around to watching the whole of this week's Raw and, my God. For as much as I adored Bray Wyatt's vignette, I think Sami Zayn showing his holiday snaps might have been even better. This new character is phenomenal. I see no reason why he can't go straight to the top with this. Feud him with Seth over the Title, having Sami attack Seth for pandering to the dickhead fans. I love it.

Theres no room for entertainment at the top when Corbin, Lashley and Drew are around.

Watched this week in bits, the Joe/AJ/Rey match was good. Why do they insist on having Joe take the fall though? Unless it's a title match its like the bloke never wins.

Iconics are horrible. They get no reaction what so ever.

I like Rollins and thought he was Raw's MVP last year, i sense this title run is goung to be very dull though. The opening with HHH was bizarre.

Robert Roode and his moustache already scream main event heel to me.

Edited by The King of Old School