The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

AJ desperately needs to turn heel doesn't he? There's absolutely fuck all else for Rollins to work with at the moment. Styles has been cold and uninteresting for months as well. I like the idea of putting him with The Club again, gives him some muscle and Seth some Odds to Overcome. Plus Gallows and Anderson could do with some juice as the tag scene is utterly dire outside of the Usos. Seth and Braun can be the top faces and perhaps elevate the Miz after the Shane feud. 

Ricochet looks to have taken up Balor's spot as the smiley indie dork who has random tag team friends. Him meekly shutting his mouth when Drew told him to was brutal and hilarious.

I'm stunned at how they just announced the MITB contenders. They've got three weeks of TV left and still didn't see fit to have any kind of qualifying process. Their one opportunity to put on some matches with actual consequence and they pissed it away.

Raw women's division is a joke. The state of the MITB line up. Unless it's in the Charlotte/Becky orbit, the women's stuff seems doomed to be three minute scrambled egg matches and diva style nonsense with untied shoes and slippery ring aprons. 

Becky Lynch's promo was refreshing though. Sounded like a pro-wrestler promoting a fight. Imagine that? 

Raw will probably miss Elias most of all. He was perfect for filling 15 minutes. The creative could get away with having no new ideas with him because he's got a unique shtick that brings some variety. My fear is they're using Sami Zayn to fill a similar role. It's was ace the first couple of weeks, but please for the love of god have something else for him to do next week.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

I'm stunned at how they just announced the MITB contenders. They've got three weeks of TV left and still didn't see fit to have any kind of qualifying process. Their one opportunity to put on some matches with actual consequence and they pissed it away.

They've done that for the last million years and it really doesn't matter. You just get "Braun Strowman vs. Curt Hawkins" in a match nobody is any doubt about.

With you on AJ. Like the idea suggested that he starts running with the Good Brothers again.

You're wrong on Sami. Last thing he needs is to become everyone else. He needs weeks of cutting cutting promos and then weeks of avoiding wrestling anyone because the crowd don't deserve it.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

You're wrong on Sami. Last thing he needs is to become everyone else. He needs weeks of cutting cutting promos and then weeks of avoiding wrestling anyone because the crowd don't deserve it.

Give him the 12 month string treatment and have his first match be at Wrestlemania

• Paid Members

Sami shouldnt be on the opposite show to Owens. They should be tag team champions getting chased by the Usos. Pair of brilliant pricks that work well together and havent been over-used as a tag team in WWE.

Uso's were so cool on Smackdown, in one episode of Raw i could quite happily never see them again. What a dreadful segment, i could see the crowd falling asleep whilst it was happening.

Can tell who the star was in that opening segment, Drew and Corbin waffling on to no reaction what so ever, Braun somehow is still very over, such a shame they missed the boat with him. Drew is clearly winning the MITB though.

I want to see a Miz vs Lashley feud/match, said nobody, ever. Never been so happy to see Shane.

Also, the Miz playing the happy, smiley wisecracking babyface is just so so wrong, he's bloody awful at it.

AJ/Rollins should be in dream match catagory, but they are both so bloody bland, like others have said i really hope this leads to AJ turning heel and aligning with the Club. Not sure i can stomach a summer of face Rollins vs face AJ trying to out do each other.

Just so, so boring. Will watch Smackdown later hopefully thats better.

Edited by The King of Old School

I found Raw far more watchable than Smackdown this week. Quite happy some of the lower carders and tag teams are getting focused on. I know they won't amount to much but it's nice to see some of them instead of Main Event obscurity. If they're not going to be released anytime I demand to see them at some point on a 3 hour show!

• Paid Members

Never mind three weeks ago, Roman was on Smackdown last Tuesday and that posted a record low too! 

It’s going to be fun seeing how Vince reacts to the ratings because he’s already pulled the usual rabbits out of his hat. He’s already filled the show with the McMahon family and pillaged NXT. To his credit, he even gave the fans exactly what they wanted at Wrestlemania between Seth, Kofi and Becky and it didn’t change the pattern at all.

Maybe bring Goldberg back early? 

Well, just when you think they've reached rock bottom, Vince rewrites the whole show and makes it worse. I don't know what was the worst part. The "genius" announcement of the Wildcard rule, The Revival being buried somewhere near the inner core, or...the rest is a shit-coloured blur. The highlight, I'm sure you will agree, was Firefly Funhouse and the picnic.

Has someone checked on the Fox execs who signed the TV deal?

Edited by bigfoote

It seems like we keep on saying this but i honestly think that may have been the worst raw ever produced, with the amount of talent they have and that's what they came up with, the wild card bollocks went to shit after 40 mins, i honestly think the company is done because its gradually getting worse as each week passes.

• Paid Members

The brand split is utterly pointless at this point. If they bin it, we might at least get the Smackers writers writing everything.

Smackers Usos had people thinking they might be the best tag team they've ever had. 3 weeks on Raw and they're the worst I've ever seen apart from The Revival. 

The best bits were people running around backstage and Vince shitting his pants at the sight of Lars Sullivan. And the fun house, which was back on form.

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Worst Raw ever. What’s the point of the draft when you’re gonna have this wild card rule. Lazy writing. And Vince says 3 stars can come over anytime and 6 show up so that’s already gone to shit.  

Baron Corbin in a 20 minute match. Fuck sake. 

I’ve been ready to give up for ages, but I’m not watching Raw again unless it gets better. Which is looking doubtful.