The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

10 hours ago, Supremo said:

I see no reason why [Sami] can't go straight to the top with this. 

Because, I would argue, the gimmick gives him no reason to be pushed into title contention.  He's wrestled once, and lost, since coming back.  I don't know where they're going with this one, but title contender isn't it, I suspect.

He'll make for a highly entertaining midcard feud with some clean babyface though, like Styles or someone.

If his thing is hating the fans for being critical twats, he should actively be doing his best to avoid wrestling every week, cos the fans don't deserve him putting his body on the line etc.

• Awards Moderator
1 minute ago, DCW said:

If his thing is hating the fans for being critical twats, he should actively be doing his best to avoid wrestling every week, cos the fans don't deserve him putting his body on the line etc.

And do the whole anti-hardcore Cactus Jack / Jonny Storm in FWA during that 'constant headlocks' phase / Neville on 205 Live to an extent thing of, during the matches, being as deliberately un-entertaining and non-workrate-y as possible. Chinlocks. Nothing but chinlocks. Give them no reason to cheer him. If he goes and wrestles like he normally does with this new character it won't work as well.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Jonny Storm in FWA during that 'constant headlocks' phase

My god, I completely forgot about that. He'd quickly climb the ropes where his opponent was seated, you'd think he would hit his trademark hurricanrana from the top, but instead applies a top rope headlock whilst shouting "WA-HEY!". Heel Jonny was bloody ace.

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

More than half the women's roster are crap in the ring, that's being generous too. Billie's a tremendous entertainer, the funniest promo on the show. That's way more important to me. 

She's about as funny as toothache.

I just dont see what people see in them, everytime they come out they look like they are boring the live crowd to tears. Bobby Lashley gets more of a reaction when he speaks.

Roode, Zayn & (hopefully) the new Wyatt look great though. Do we think Bray is going to be face/heel when he comes back?

6 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

Why do they insist on having Joe take the fall though? Unless it's a title match its like the bloke never wins.

I heard a discussion about this on a podcast recently (possibly Meltzer, my memory is shocking) that being a champion used to be something that WWE could promise a disgruntled talent they wanted to keep as it would mean winning all the time or at the very least being protected in some way but now talent who are unhappy actively DONT want to be promised a title reign because WWE book them to lose more than virtually anyone else on the roster these days.

• Paid Members

There was a show this week. Not much more to say really.

Fun house wasn't as fun the second week. Sami Zayn's delivery was great again but no-one cares. Crowd seemed hot for the start but died quickly. Don't blame them. The "I'm here on Raw" stuff from people who've been on Raw a million times is tedious.

MITB is three weeks away and they're filling. Every week is filling. I don't know how you solve that with so much TV. I feel sorry for the writers most weeks.