The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, mim731 said:

At a glance (I'm not interested in reading 4000 comments) they don't seem too bad. Most seem to be saying "wait and see", or relatively positive. 

Oh, there are a lot of Vince is burying him comments. I think it looks great. Like someone in the writing team watched Too Many Cooks and got inspired 

• Paid Members

Bray looks a million times better than the last time he was on TV. He’s slimmed right down, got rid of the long beard and nicked Strowman’s hairdo. Bray has always had talent and something about him, it’s a shame his gimmick was boring as hell after the initial intrigue during NXT.

That was the best I’ve seen of Roode since his debut on the main roster. He needs to drop the ‘Glorious’ schtick, though. 

• Paid Members

Bobby Roode has a mustache now and is flavour of the week (hour?) so Ricochet has to lose? Wankers. Stop beating everyone.

Wyatt thing was awesome. But I've no idea how it would translate yet. Fun little vignette though. Here's the thing though - and I will take the ribbing I'm going to get for this - Bray in that shape should be a fucking megastar. He's the best talker in the company when he's got anything to say. He looks incredible. He's got a bunch of fun moves that people get into. The naff gimmick and not being in great shape have held him back. When he turns up looking like that, you just drop everything that's gone and let him go to work. He just needs focus, from a character POV. As fun as this looks in the short term, it's got a very low ceiling. I know I might be the only one but I think he's far, far better than that.

Just watched Raw and confused with the Bray Wyatt talk

He didn't appear on the Sky showing, though there was a really long Raw ad banner just before the Main event was that when his promo shown?

Why would sky not show it? 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, MVP RULZ said:

Just watched Raw and confused with the Bray Wyatt talk

He didn't appear on the Sky showing, though there was a really long Raw ad banner just before the Main event was that when his promo shown?

Why would sky not show it? 

Someone wasn’t paying attention at the adverts end on the USA Network perhaps?

here it is in full though

• Paid Members

Certain fans, for 2 years or more : "Bray is so stale. Same old shit. They've ruined him."

- COMPANY DOES SOMETHING DIFFERENT WITH BRAY -

Same fans : "Not this."

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Bray in that shape should be a fucking megastar. 

Totally agree, and I can definitely see what you mean about this not being traditionally how they book megastars. That said, they don't seem to know how to book anyone like a megastar any more. FFS, Roman Reigns beat cancer and they've made him feel like just another guy. So Bray going the slightly unusual gimmick route, in the shape he is in, might be a way to actually present him as a megastar because it's something different that stands out. In fact, simply by not being 50/50 booked each week, or appearing in front of the live crowd they are building him into more of a megastar than if he returned in the traditional way.

It really could be a boon rather than a detriment to his status that he's doing something unusual. 

Or he'll be booked into oblivion within weeks and this will be filed under Wrestlecrap. 

I've been trying to think how Bray translates to wrestling and/or being in the arena again with this gimmick. It might be fun to have this morph into a talk show type segment where Bray interviews heels about how bad they are and ends in some in ring tussles. Otherwise apart from Bray slowly turning evil again I can't see what to do. 

• Paid Members

The new Bray gimmick is an exciting concept on launch. Of course, the fear is he does a run in or something and goes back to his usual spooky fat lad pish. Nice to see Raw have some fresh looking production ideas on it, if nothing else.

Roode is filth.

I'm really enjoying this Becky feud. They've got a good dynamic with the southern lady v the man idea. Good few weeks from them.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

I loved it. Easily the best thing he's done in years. Agreed that I've no idea how it translates, but who cares? At least he's not cutting that same fucking promo every week that goes nowhere. I'm genuinely interested in where it goes which hasn't been the case with Bray for what feels like forever. Fair play to the lad for getting in such impressive shape, too. He looks the business with that look.

• Paid Members

The WWE writers have clearly seen how much we adore Sweep from the Sooty Show and are trying to tap into that.

I hope Mercy the Buzzard invites all his relatives round to stay. A cousin from France, one from Australia...