The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

5 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

WWE going for the "Mumu" thing (or however you say that characters name) with that legitimately creepy doll in the "Firefly Fun House".

FFS you had me thinking they were doing a KLF gimmick for a second.

• Paid Members

The Bray Wyatt stuff has a bit of the "Evil Doink" going for, which really works for me. 

I just hope he gets Dave Benson Phillips in to co-host the show and accompany him to ringside!

Heel Doink was exactly the vibe I got from it too and the impression I got in how it would translate as far matches and that are concerned. Wouldn’t surprise me if he was a fan of that gimmick. Love the direction it’s taken so far at least and intrigued to see more. And good on him, he’s looking fucking tremendous. Wonder if he will wrestle in that lovely sweater?

Really like the look of Bray’s new character, but I don’t blame fans for not having faith WWE can pull it off. Fans have been conditioned to believe this will be shit in about a month.

I’ll wait and see how it plays out but won’t get my hopes up 

Edited by UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members

Looking forward to this new Bray Wyatt character developing into WWE's own fully-fledged version of ZZZAP!, with Bo Dallas playing Smart Arty and Curtis Axel playing Cuthbert Lilly. Liv Morgan would be a great Daisy Dares and you can give Ricochet his big break by sticking him under the hood as Tricky Dicky. Bray can then absorb into the background and become the floaty, crafty pair of marigold-clad hands known as The Handymen.

Loved the Bray thing as well, where it goes I have no idea. Wouldn't surprise me if they do a split personality thing where he has different characters on the go. 

Start of Raw was a mess, as mentioned already they announced the triple threats before Trips/Seth came out so watching them go on about it like they knew nothing was dumb, even more so Samoa Joe just randomly being on Raw without any explanation and of course the graphic spoilt that.

As you would expect AJ/Samoa Joe/Mysterio was a good opener to the show too. 

As much as I love The Miz he feels very ordinary as a Face compared to a heel. Hopefully he turns heel again soon.

12 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Sami vs Wrestling.

Robert Roode’s moustache.

The Firefly Fun House.

In case you’re interested, i’m listing the best things ever and anyone who disagrees is clearly a cretin..

I submit to the court: The Usos.

A two minute backstage segment on a show filled with all the above good stuff and they still stood out. They are wonderful.

Edited by textonly

Robert Roode's moustache is the best thing from the Superstar Shakeup. Cory trying to put over its fertility powers was also pretty funny.  Roode hasn't had a chance to do his heel stuff on the main roster yet, so this is good.  He and Riccochet had a really tight match too, apart from one weird moment.  Roode is so good - like Joe, all you really have to do is give him a decent feud and let him work.

Love CBBC Bray, although I got a hint of Tim "Toolman" Taylor as well.  I know it's corny, but I hope they just have him flip in and out of character during his matches, with the bad old Bray lurking underneath.  It feels like the Joseph Park/Abyss thing and I loved that.

• Paid Members

Sami Zayn's new gimmick, which seems heartfelt and at least partially genuine, is one of those that is so good that it will only lead to disappointment, like everything WWE hits on that's good from the outset. But I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Loki said:

Love CBraybies

Fixed

It’s based on Mr Rogers Neighbourhood right? I wonder if he’ll get a supporting cast of characters so we get a new version of the Wyatt Family. Obviously hope not because I want him to get his own run, but I can see them going down that route. Either way, I think it has a lot of potential 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, kidzero said:

Is raw repeated tonight on sky? 

9:30 on Arena (408)

• Paid Members

The Viking Raiders is a better name than War Raiders.

Sami's promo was great.

Robert Roode's moustache is lovely.

The Usos were great & the "don't drink & drive" bit made me laugh out loud.

Bray Wyatt's new gimmick is intriguing.

AJ Styles did a backstage promo covered in weird hives.

There was a lot of shit too, but I think that's the most things I've enjoyed about an episode of Raw in a while.