Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

• Paid Members

So those dragon weapons that were originally Hiccup's idea, can't point straight up can they. 

Climb and dive for fuck's sake. 

Over the last two episodes there has been certain levels of idiocy that have just been mind boggling and have really taken me out of the episodes themselves. 

Was Pod getting paid an extras wage this week? 

So is there anyone left who isn't the father of Cersei's "baby"? 

Other questions. Has the issue of Dany's traitor been addressed/solved yet, or did I imagine the bit in the last series where her plans leaked? Is that also how Euron knew where she was headed, or do we just presume Yara's now retaken the iron islands and word got back to King's Landing so they just assumed Dany was going there and sprung a trap? 

Chatting about this with Mrs H, there's going to have to be some big time betrayal to get Jon to turn on Dany. Not necessarily to kill her, but I reckon she might knock Sansa off and it'll all unravel from there. 

Re: Jamie. He was going to stay in Winterfell, but then got word of Cersei doing well, so decided to hotfoot it down South. This is after he finds out she sent Bronn to kill him and Tyrion. He tells Brienne he is filled with hate. He's off to... Kill her? Save her? 

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Loki said:

The giant crossbows were generally a really bad introduction.  Ludicrously accurate, apparently almost insta-loading, they felt like a cheap way of getting round the fact that with 2 dragons, Dany was otherwise going to walk it in.

I'm torn on this one. On one hand the way the dragon got killed was fucking awesome. On the other they have been introduced as crazy OP and then already nerfed in the same episode - they couldn't hit shit when shooting at Dany.

I'm sure by the next time we see them in action they'll be relegated to pointless background like the artillery in episode 3.

4 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I'm torn on this one. On one hand the way the dragon got killed was fucking awesome. On the other they have been introduced as crazy OP and then already nerfed in the same episode - they couldn't hit shit when shooting at Dany.

I'm sure by the next time we see them in action they'll be relegated to pointless background like the artillery in episode 3.

True enough, they almost seemed to try to show that the dragon that John rode was still recovering but not enough was made of it.

Jamie is deffo going back to kill her.

I reckon after the battle is all over Dany will tempt Jon away with some of that sweet Aunt Peg lovin' but then pull a 'Drakaris' on him only for the dragon to either refuse or for Jon to emerge unscathed because dragon fire magic shit. Upon seeing this Dany will see what she has become and take her remaining crew off on a new mission to save the world else where. Then full Star Wars medal ceremony ending.

9 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Jamie is deffo going back to kill her.

I reckon after the battle is all over Dany will tempt Jon away with some of that sweet Aunt Peg lovin' but then pull a 'Drakaris' on him only for the dragon to either refuse or for Jon to emerge unscathed because dragon fire magic shit. Upon seeing this Dany will see what she has become and take her remaining crew off on a new mission to save the world else where. Then full Star Wars medal ceremony ending.

I thought this too but someone a few pages back said that Jon has already been burnt by fire so he can't have dragonblood.

I was half hoping that when Mysandi (sp?) was up on the walls as she looked fairly mobile she might either chuck herself off to stop Cersei getting the satisfaction or even provide a complete plot swerve a drag Cersei off as well but that's probably a swerve too far bro!

• Paid Members

Anyone else super pissed than John didn't show Ghost any affection at the end there? Not even a fucking pat on the head. Sour faced cunt. 

Also, I wrongly assumed Tormund would be involved in the big Throne battle. Slightly peeved that they just walking back north to chill. I get that it's not their battle, but after all they've been through together...