Sign in to follow this  
Louch

Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

Watched it again this evening. Bloody brilliant. Wasn't sure about it being Arya, but thinking on, the signs were there from Series One.

What do we say to the God of Death? Not today.

4 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Brienne is no Blackfish, she isn't dying off camera. There was a shot of her, Pod, Jaime stood against the wall as the wights all turned to ice. The only person I didn't see in the round up at the end was Gendry, he could be a possibility. 

What do you mean by dying off camera though? The episode ended literally when Arya killed the Night King, so we haven't really seen shit. I could very well see someone like Jamie getting up and going to Brienne and then discovering that she actually got grievously injured and is on her way to dying, that's an "on camera death".

37 minutes ago, neil said:

The episode ended literally when Arya killed the Night King, so we haven't really seen shit.

It didn't though did it. There was 3-4 minutes after that where the camera went around all the people you had seen fighting. You see Jaime, Pod, and Brienne stood against the inside of the castle wall. The last scene is the Hound and Melisandre coming out of the castle,  her walking outside followed by Davos, and her walking into the snow and taking off her necklace and falling over dead. Jorah has already died of his wounds after the battle, they are not going to do the same sort of death twice. 

Stannis was killed off camera as well.

I don't think any of the midcarders will be offed postscript though, surely they would have used them for extra effect considering a lack of major deaths.

Yes, Gilly was shown with Little Sam along with the rest of the meek crew. 

BTW, was Ned buried in the crypt or left to rot at Kings Landing? If it was the former, gutted we didn't get to see Wight Walker Ned. 

19 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

Yes, Gilly was shown with Little Sam along with the rest of the meek crew. 

BTW, was Ned buried in the crypt or left to rot at Kings Landing? If it was the former, gutted we didn't get to see Wight Walker Ned. 

I think Tyrion arranged for his bones to be returned to Winterfell back in season 2, but there’d be no real way of knowing if they were actually his or just some dead bloke’s. I suspect his head stayed on that spike Joffrey liked for a while after that though.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

8 hours ago, Sergio Mendacious said:

E30605FF-40D1-4C28-8681-90D5852667DF.gif.04479d640d8839b11fed67d6eca689f4.gif

You're no better posting a bloody screenshot from said trailer! 

2 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

You're no better posting a bloody screenshot from said trailer! 

It's from season 6.

15 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Stannis was killed off camera as well.

That was only because the actor who played him quit the show before they had a chance to write him out. 

45 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

That was only because the actor who played him quit the show before they had a chance to write him out. 

Not saying this isn't true, and knew that Stephen Dillane hated the role/show/both, but where did you see this?

He has good as dies on screen didn't he? You saw a massive sword swing and cut away as I remember it. It would have been well shit if he was supposed to have survived.