Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

• Moderators

Yeah of course they know. That whole scene in the crypt made it pretty clear. It's why. I assume, he avoided any physical affection throughout the whole of that second episode whilst he was trying to figure out how to tell her.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

But the reason why they’re seemingly not disturbed by the whole thing is to do with history & lore from the books

Not really. "The Targaryens wed brother to sister for generations" was a line from Cersei in the telly. I assume Jon, raised by the fairly honourable and not-that-weird Starks of Winterfell would be disgusted out by the idea of shagging his kin, and given her history of getting titted by one brother I doubt Dany would like the thought of bedding down with the offspring of another.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

That would involve Book talk, and we’re not having any of that

Why would you need to read the books to understand how relatives work? He's told her that her brother was his father.

I think they won't go on about it too much so as not to beat the audience over the head with it. It makes it slightly easier to sell the relationship. I know it's Game of Thrones but it's a bit harder to get the two heros over as the big babyfaces whilst being incesters.

5A6E2659-B5C7-4D1F-9226-5C141C44FF9D_zps

”Here are the names of your fallen classmates:

Boys - Eddison, Beric, THE FUCKING NIGHT KING, Theon, Jorah, Viserion

Girls - Lyanna, Melisandre

Didn't play out as 90 minutes of wall to wall battle like I expected, which I’m totally fine with. Those last 20 minutes were fucking amazing and what a pop when Arya stuck him with the pointy end. I can’t believe that the whole White Walker War was a one & done episode, Vince Russo could try for a billion years and never pull off a swerve as good as that

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Major major spoiler, retreat if you have not watched:

Fucking Arya saved the world! Who saw that coming?! It did not play out as I expected at all. Parts I found really hard to watch but the ending was amazing for me, Arya is one of my favourite characters. I hope Dany is a little humbled now but we'll see.....

Edited by deathrey

I was worried pre watching about it being built up too much, it was a proper war and that ending was so unexpected. Had it in my head when night king was walking up to Bran he was gonna stand again and under his big cloak be hiding something, instead we got a silent Arya attack. 

Loads of stories closed without feeling forced, or cheesy. Jorah, Sam cost Ed his life, Melisandre. Lyanna Mormont taking down a giant! 

There were so many unexpected things. As the Nught King approached Bran, I honestly thought it was all lost as Dany and Jon were shown engaged elsewhere. I really didnt see Arya coming to the rescue.... does that mean she's Azhor Azai?

• Paid Members

Is Bran the worst character in all of fiction? 

"I'm going to go now" 

Oh, are you going to do anything useful, worg into something cool and help out?

"... No" 

*Eyes roll back into head*

My husband and I were discussing the deaths (or potentially dead) this morning. We were both unsure about Brienne and Tormund (partly because I was hiding under the duvet as I didn't want to see them die) but are they dead or alive? We saw them beat up but didnt see them die did we?

Edited by deathrey

14 minutes ago, deathrey said:

My husband and I were discussing the deaths (or potentially dead) this morning. We were both insure about Brienne and Tormund (partly because I was hiding under the duvet as I didn't want to see them die) but are they dead or alive? We saw them beat up but didnt see them die did we?

They were cornered, but didn’t see them die, and I don’t think they’ll die here. I think Brienne will die at King’s Landing, and I reckon there are a couple of ways they could go with it, both of which involve The Mountain killing her, leading to either The Hound facing his brother as a mark of respect after Brienne bested him, or Jamie fights The Mountain en route to killing Cersei.

There’s a whole bunch of ways they could go with it now that the Night King has been vanquished, and I so pumped for the final 3 episodes

1 hour ago,  
gmoney said: 

Is Bran the worst character in all of fiction? 

"I'm going to go now" 

Oh, are you going to do anything useful, worg into something cool and help out?

"... No" 

*Eyes roll back into head*

I was hoping for him to say “my planet needs me” and then he just lifts out of the scene

Edited by WyattSheepMask