Sign in to follow this  
Louch

Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

19 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

This, but Dany dies during childbirth. This is Game Of Thrones after all. 

Or Cersei dies during childbirth and Jon and Dany raise the child a la Ned and Cat with the baby Jon. You can imagine Cersei whispering "His name is Tywin Lannister, but no-one can know" just as she dies like Lyanna.

Anyone got any tinfoil I can borrow?

3 hours ago, DEF said:

It might be just me but as fun as the snow zombie lot are, for me they are second fiddle to the Iron Throne. They aren't really much more than a device to produce action and suspense. Nowt wrong with that but the relationships and characters are the main focus of the show.

I agree with this. The show has always been about the throne. The war between the living and the dead only started around season 4. Yes the war with the dead might be the bigger action the throne is the overarching story. 

Personally I hope Dany doesn’t get to sit on the throne, she’s turned into a right little prick over the last couple of seasons. 

I reckon Dany - not believing Jon about who he really is - will use one of the dragons to try and murder him, thinking that he’s lying to steal her throne. This will cause Jon to rise from the flames unscathed ala Dany in season one. Araya will see this happen and eventually use her ninja powers to kill Danerys. 

Theres got to be a bit where Jon proves who he really is (or at least a confirms it to non-believers) with fire.

Do we reckon we’ll see a Zombie Ned/Catlin/Lyana Stark cameo?

I don't think there can be a zombie Catelyn as her bones were never sent back to Winterfell were they? 

I don't know the rules of the Night King and reanimation, but surely there's an expiry date on dead bodies and their usage. 

Or their lack of heads.

32 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

I reckon Dany - not believing Jon about who he really is - will use one of the dragons to try and murder him, thinking that he’s lying to steal her throne. This will cause Jon to rise from the flames unscathed ala Dany in season one. Araya will see this happen and eventually use her ninja powers to kill Danerys. 

Theres got to be a bit where Jon proves who he really is (or at least a confirms it to non-believers) with fire.

Well, there's that bit with the wight at Castle Black where there was some fire and Jon got burned by it. So you must have to know you're a Targaryen before it doesn't hurt you? Also #notalltargaryens because Daenerys being 'The Unburnt' was a special thing to her.

1 hour ago, Rapey Eyes said:

I agree with this. The show has always been about the throne. The war between the living and the dead only started around season 4. Yes the war with the dead might be the bigger action the throne is the overarching story. 

First scene of season 1 was some White Walkers killing a bunch of guys. The Night's Watch all went north to figure out what was going on with them at the end of season 1. The finale of season two was the Walkers all marching south. That war's been happening since the beginning too.

3 hours ago, Max Power said:

Or Cersei dies during childbirth and Jon and Dany raise the child a la Ned and Cat with the baby Jon. You can imagine Cersei whispering "His name is Tywin Lannister, but no-one can know" just as she dies like Lyanna.

Why would they care about a Lannister child though? Ned raising Jon made sense, as it was his nephew.

2 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Do we reckon we’ll see a Zombie Ned/Catlin/Lyana Stark cameo?

I'm hoping we get a zombified version of this personally. The king in the north!

image.png.7f3829bddbbb59776a70265ff3281861.png

1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

First scene of season 1 was some White Walkers killing a bunch of guys. The Night's Watch all went north to figure out what was going on with them at the end of season 1. The finale of season two was the Walkers all marching south. That war's been happening since the beginning too.

Yep, they outlined the fact that the white walkers were a problem from the outset. They're really trying to drive the narrative that the real battle is against them, which for the sake of humanity is the case, but I see the final scene of the series a shot of somebody ascending the iron throne. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if GRRM trolls the fuck out of us all and kills off all humans. Will be like a reboot. Then in a few years time, set decades into the future, invaders from Essos try to cross the narrow sea and battle against the Night King.

It wouldn't be satisfying to a lot of people but i'm increasingly of the opinion that the ballsiest ending would be killing everyone. Just fucking everyone. Bar Cersei.

The final scene is her, bloody, sat on the Iron Throne crying over her pyrrhic victory - looking out over a kingdom that doesn't exist. Quick rifle shot of the lands beyond Westeros looking happy and then back to Kings Landing where there is just fucking nothing and she's doomed and it's all shit. 

Be careful what you wish for.

That's the ending we deserve. 

Any ending that includes Dany's entitled arse on the throne would make my piss boil.

That scene between her and Sansa showed that the she wouldn't settle for anything other than complete control.

Fantasy booking with some of the work lot lead to an idea that the Night King wasn't with his mates because he's taken a load of white walkers to Kings Landing along with his zombie dragon to royally fuck things up for Cersei down there while the other battle is kicking off in the north.

If the white walkers were victorious, what’s to stop them going across to Essos? Is there a reason why they don’t use ships? Or is it they’ve not captured any ships yet. 

Just to be clear I wasn't being serious in suggesting Jon and Dany raise the Cersei child. That would be shit and very Russoesque.

30 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Just to be clear I wasn't being serious in suggesting Jon and Dany raise the Cersei child. That would be shit and very Russoesque.

Swerve bro!

5 hours ago, Rapey Eyes said:

Personally I hope Dany doesn’t get to sit on the throne, she’s turned into a right little prick over the last couple of seasons. 

Last couple of seasons? She’s been a massive cunt from the get go.

”I’m a Khaleesi! You’re supposed to be my advisor, ADVICE ME!”

”Well, I don’t think that would be a good idea Khaleesi”

”I’ll do what I want, because I’m a Khaleesi!”

I’m telling ya, Jorah dodged a fucking bullet when he was named Lord of the Friendzone

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I’m waiting for Dany to fully crack. Look at the way she killed Sam’s dad and brother. Didn’t want to listen to advice from Tyrion. The mad kings mad daughter.