Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Max Power said:

Or Cersei dies during childbirth and Jon and Dany raise the child a la Ned and Cat with the baby Jon. You can imagine Cersei whispering "His name is Tywin Lannister, but no-one can know" just as she dies like Lyanna.

Why would they care about a Lannister child though? Ned raising Jon made sense, as it was his nephew.

2 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Do we reckon we’ll see a Zombie Ned/Catlin/Lyana Stark cameo?

I'm hoping we get a zombified version of this personally. The king in the north!

image.png.7f3829bddbbb59776a70265ff3281861.png

1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

First scene of season 1 was some White Walkers killing a bunch of guys. The Night's Watch all went north to figure out what was going on with them at the end of season 1. The finale of season two was the Walkers all marching south. That war's been happening since the beginning too.

Yep, they outlined the fact that the white walkers were a problem from the outset. They're really trying to drive the narrative that the real battle is against them, which for the sake of humanity is the case, but I see the final scene of the series a shot of somebody ascending the iron throne. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if GRRM trolls the fuck out of us all and kills off all humans. Will be like a reboot. Then in a few years time, set decades into the future, invaders from Essos try to cross the narrow sea and battle against the Night King.

It wouldn't be satisfying to a lot of people but i'm increasingly of the opinion that the ballsiest ending would be killing everyone. Just fucking everyone. Bar Cersei.

The final scene is her, bloody, sat on the Iron Throne crying over her pyrrhic victory - looking out over a kingdom that doesn't exist. Quick rifle shot of the lands beyond Westeros looking happy and then back to Kings Landing where there is just fucking nothing and she's doomed and it's all shit. 

Be careful what you wish for.

That's the ending we deserve. 

Fantasy booking with some of the work lot lead to an idea that the Night King wasn't with his mates because he's taken a load of white walkers to Kings Landing along with his zombie dragon to royally fuck things up for Cersei down there while the other battle is kicking off in the north.

5 hours ago, Rapey Eyes said:

Personally I hope Dany doesn’t get to sit on the throne, she’s turned into a right little prick over the last couple of seasons. 

Last couple of seasons? She’s been a massive cunt from the get go.

”I’m a Khaleesi! You’re supposed to be my advisor, ADVICE ME!”

”Well, I don’t think that would be a good idea Khaleesi”

”I’ll do what I want, because I’m a Khaleesi!”

I’m telling ya, Jorah dodged a fucking bullet when he was named Lord of the Friendzone

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Kings Landing getting absolutely mullered by a White Walker on a dragon, leaving Cersai with the broken remains of an army and forcing her to have to join everyone else to survive has to happen

I'm not ready to live in a world where there's no more Tormund. 

The theory on the Walkers doing a double attack are solid but even with the new retconned eta on Westeros travel it would have to come later in the series. 

I think the North definitely gets Thatchered though.

2 hours ago, Rapey Eyes said:

If the white walkers were victorious, what’s to stop them going across to Essos? Is there a reason why they don’t use ships? Or is it they’ve not captured any ships yet. 

Presumably it would have to be a dead ship that gets reanimated by the night king, and could only sail on ice or snow or fire or at night. Or the dead sea. Do they have that there? 

Edited by hallicks

2 hours ago, Rapey Eyes said:

If the white walkers were victorious, what’s to stop them going across to Essos? Is there a reason why they don’t use ships? Or is it they’ve not captured any ships yet. 

I dunno, we don’t really know anything about them, they only turned up in the show in about season 6 or something.