Sign in to follow this  
Louch

Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

4 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

The CGI of the dragons flying was something out of Jason & The Argonauts. Fucking awful compared to how good the CGi usually is in this show.

My god, it was really shit wasn't it? The moment just before he hopped on, where he was standing next to him, it could've been Rick and the deer from Walking Dead. Ok, it wasn't as bad as that load of atrocious old shit, but it was bad by GoT standards.

Cersei really wanted them elephants.

Overall the episode was ok. You're not gonna get The Battle of the Bastards in the first episode, this is where they bring you up to speed and set the story for the rest of the series. It served its purpose.

It was a decent set up episode. The CGI deserves all the derision it's getting. We heard about delays and what not because they were putting so much time and money into some spectacular CGI, but then something from the 90s popped up. The fear is they've done a rush job on a lot of the CGI to make their deadlines.

Thought it was a very good episode, not a stand out but nice to have the reunions in there, both friend and foe.

Highlight of the episode was the look on Jamie Lannisters face when he clocked Bran as if to say "fuck, your supposed to be dead!"

17 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

There’s been some excellent tweets about GoT over the last 24 hours but this is my fave (sorry, thought more appropriate than the Twitter thread) one for you @Chest Rockwell

And Mac was in the episode too!

18 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

There’s been some excellent tweets about GoT over the last 24 hours but this is my fave (sorry, thought more appropriate than the Twitter thread) one for you @Chest Rockwell

This is one of the funniest things I've seen online for a while. Brilliant idea.

21 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Cersei really wanted them elephants.

83A554E2-1F9C-44B7-8117-84D3992B0C7F.png.67b8809229440462f0571577b977e46e.png

Now rooting for a final scene echoing the end of season 1 where Cersei doesn’t get her baby, but ends up with three tiny elephants on her shoulders. 

Edited by HarmonicGenerator
Where’s My Elephant / Mother of Elephants

Why would Jaime think Bran was dead? From back when Theon pretended to kill him? I thought everyone knew that was a sham now, considering the Boltons had (and killed) the other kid after that.

3 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Why would Jaime think Bran was dead? From back when Theon pretended to kill him? I thought everyone knew that was a sham now, considering the Boltons had (and killed) the other kid after that.

I don’t think it’s a case of Jamie ‘thinks’ Bran is dead, more that this is the first he’s seen him since pushing him out of the window and that Bran should be dead.m, so it’s more of a “this shouldn’t be happening”. When Catelyn has Jamie as her prisoner, you would that she would’ve told Jamie that Bran had survived the fall and the guy breaking into Winterfell to knife him

Watched this last night. The CGI was nowhere near as bad as people on here are making out. 

Enjoyable episode, it was always going to be a slow burn start to the last season. All the counters seem to be in place now to allow them to pick up the pace hopefully. 

I thought the scene itself felt like a computer game cut scene, but not because it looked particularly bad, but because it didn't looked particularly good so it was completely unengaging.  

I'm in the CG was fine camp. I was more wondering why we waited two years for a 5 minute, farting about dragon play date. Otherwise I really liked the episode. I'd watch the season 7 finale the night before to remind me. I got my share of epic, so maybe I'm skewed.

Edited by DEF