Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

6 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

One thing that depresses me is that the north is certain to be decimated in the coming episodes. It can't be Jon scrapes by, kills the dead then marches back on Kings Landing can it? It has to all end at Kings Landing with one last stand against the dead.

Hound vs Mountain has to go on last, surely. That's the money main event. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

One thing that depresses me is that the north is certain to be decimated in the coming episodes. 

They should have Thatcher's head on the ice dragon for full effect of decimating the north

Add me for no issues with the CGI. I've more of an issue that Jon riding the dragon should have been built up as a big issue, rather than just Harry riding the Hippogryph. It should have been the culmination of him finding his true parentage and therefore the ability to ride a dragon is in his blood and is his destiny.

Instead they threw it away like Brock v Austin. Jon should have taken his ball home.

Depends though - the revelation of the family tie and Samwell being crushed that his family were murdered might mean a sudden end to the Jon/Dani alliance, which means the only chance to do them riding together was now. We'll see. Plus it's a nice tie-in to his touching the dragon last season when clearly the dragon is letting him do it because he has Targaryen blood, but stupid Jon hasn't figured it out. We're all in on it but him, and seeing it all come together when Sam tells him was awesome for his facial expression - he cant fathom it, but the more you sense his mind racing, the more everything fits into place for him.

• Awards Moderator

Loved that episode. I’m terribly worried that everybody’s going to die next week, but I loved that episode.

Gorgeous song by Florence + the Machine over the end credits as well. Contains footage from this week’s episode if for some stupid reason you haven’t watched it yet but still clicked into this thread.

• Paid Members

Tormund the MVP, as always. I was hoping he'd tell the story of why he's called "Husband to Bears" as well, but you can't have everything. 

EDIT: Oh, and utterly didn't need to see that Arya sex scene, felt disgusting. 

Edited by gmoney

Really enjoyed that episode. Felt very different compared to most episodes. Dunno if it was a new writer or something but that new fresh tone could have really been used in the last couple of seasons when the episodes started to feel like a bit of a slog.

Tormund really is the best.

• Moderators

Yeah the Arya sex-scene made me uncomfortable - I have no idea what age she is in the show but to me she's like 14.

Was an enjoyable episode overall but did feel a bit of a filler type episode - which is strange given there's only 4 episodes left! But looks like it's all going to kick off next week.

I don't know that i'd agree that it was a filler episode, but it was certainly a slow paced trek through the emotions associated with impending death.

I also think they wrapped up a lot of character arcs ahead of them becoming much less alive than they currently are.

Based on last night, i'd say next week we're waving goodbye to:

Beric, Tormund, Brienne, Theon, Davos, Jorah, Pod, Greyworm, Edd

Potentially even Jaime and Arya...

Also, this is by no means a hot take I know, but don't hide people in a fucking crypt when you're facing an army that can reanimate the dead. Just don't.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, neil said:

Yeah the Arya sex-scene made me uncomfortable - I have no idea what age she is in the show but to me she's like 14.

She’s 18 in the show. HBO made a tweet about it/her. Probably to put everyone at ease in case they thought it was meant to be an underage girl stripping off. 

4 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Also, this is by no means a hot take I know, but don't hide people in a fucking crypt when you're facing an army that can reanimate the dead. Just don't.

I thought Greyworm might be a goner after his scene with Missandei. But I think she could go when those Starks come back to life in the crypts. 

I think Brienne and Jorah are definitely dying next week. Pod and Theon too. Beric will die when he resurrects Jon Snow.