Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

• Awards Moderator

Thought on Saturday morning I’d try and get season 7 rewatched before 8 starts. Ended up watching the whole season that day. Definitely feel more favourably on it than I did first time round and I am now very, very hyped for April.

Except that we’re away from the 14th until the 16th so unless the Walthamstow Travelodge’s WiFi is spectacularly good I’m going to be wandering around London desperately avoiding all contact with anything for fear of spoilers. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Unless the Walthamstow Travelodge’s WiFi is spectacularly good 

It's ok, but not great. You'd be able to stream it, but probably not in very good quality.

• Awards Moderator
57 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Walthamstow Travelodge’s WiFi

Don't Travelodges charge after the first 30 minutes? 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Euron is a prize dolt. Have you forgotten him letting those guys get away whilst he got his head dunked in water and his subsequent 'build me a thousand ships' speech? It was Monty Python levels of incompetence.

Doesn't matter, did you see the gif? He's money! "Give your uncle a kiss!"

• 1 month later...

Decent establishing episode, although it's been 8 series so not sure why they need one. Thought it was a little short, I had heard that due to being the final series, the episodes would all be longer.

absolutely shit my pants when that child on the wall started screaming. Was watching on laptop with headphones on. Also, I've forgotten something: Is Cersei pregnant already?

Just now, SuperBacon said:

Decent establishing episode, although it's been 8 series so not sure why they need one. Thought it was a little short, I had heard that due to being the final series, the episodes would all be longer.

Reveal hidden contents

absolutely shit my pants when that child on the wall started screaming. Was watching on laptop with headphones on. Also, I've forgotten something: Is Cersei pregnant already?

Reveal hidden contents

The first couple are normal length and then we get the movie like episodes, or so I'm told.

Don't know spoiler etiquette for ep 1, but here's my HOT TAKE/Predictions:

Does it seem to anyone else like they're setting up a few characters for a 'nothing ever changes' type ending?

I can see Samwell being imprisoned by Daenarys, proclaiming him as some sort of Westerosi Fake News peddler for the Jon stuff, alongside Jaime Lannister who she hates. Samwell tells Jaime about the Jon thing, at which point Jaime escapes and towards the end of the show (After Daenarys/Jon have taken Kings Landing) he arrives and puts a sword through the back of Dany. He's immediately torched alive by dragons, and lives for eternity in peoples minds as the guy that stabs monarchs in the back - the thing he's been trying to shake off.

Jon, being Jon, I can see immediately bequeathing the throne to Sansa - saying he never wanted to be King - and disappearing North to Lord over Winterfell. I think as he leaves, he takes with him the SECRET BABY of Cersei/Euron to protect him/her from any tyrannical backlash after the war is over.