Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

I don't think predicting the end for Game of Thrones characters is limited to wrestling fans.

Wrestling fans are just better at it.

I missed out the bit at the end when Ned Stark comes out to 'I AM A REAL WESTEROSI', mugs for the crowd and takes the throne for himself.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Is it just my TV/the Now TV picture or did anyone else find the show incredibly dark (literally not morally)? There were scenes like

the Jaime reveal

where I couldn't see a thing that was happening.

Edited by JNLister

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I hate Bran Stark and his face like a half buttered bollock.

Had this discussion the other day — did they look at the parents of the lad, and say "he's a perfectly acceptable looking little kid, and we anticipate that he's going to grow up looking like a factory-reject knacker, which will suit his role as a weird twat"?

Edison surviving and then telling everyone to attack Tormund because ”He’s got blue eyes!” had me in stitches

Im suprised Bran didn’t freeze to death after someone left him outside all night

I love how Winterfell turned into Springfield by having its geography change depending on what the episode needed as it randomly developed a babbling brook and a mountainous region for the Dragons to go flying around when Jon & Daney nipped out for a quick root

Edited by WyattSheepMask
Edited as spoiler rules have been cleared up

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

The CGI of the dragons flying was something out of Jason & The Argonauts. Fucking awful compared to how good the CGi usually is in this show.

Yes it was downright dreadful when Jon hopped on. Can only assume they've held back a lot of the budget for the big battle scenes.

• Moderators

FFS with all the spoiler blocks the day after the show has aired. If anyone is reading this thread today without watching the show yet they are a fucking idiot and deserve getting spoiled.

That dragon riding scene was fucking absurd:

giphy.gif

• Moderators

Seconded. No spoiler tags required in this thread at all unless there's a shit quality episode leak again like last season. If it's been on tv it's fair game; no-one wants to click bloody spoiler tags in every post.

I enjoyed the first episode and actually remembered most of what was going on for a change. It's all much easier to follow now that most of the characters are dead.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

The CGI of the dragons flying was something out of Jason & The Argonauts. Fucking awful compared to how good the CGi usually is in this show.

My god, it was really shit wasn't it? The moment just before he hopped on, where he was standing next to him, it could've been Rick and the deer from Walking Dead. Ok, it wasn't as bad as that load of atrocious old shit, but it was bad by GoT standards.

Cersei really wanted them elephants.

Overall the episode was ok. You're not gonna get The Battle of the Bastards in the first episode, this is where they bring you up to speed and set the story for the rest of the series. It served its purpose.