Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Sergio Mendacious said:

You could get down to granular details, really — how vulnerable are the White Walkers to dragonglass/valerian steel? Could you knacker them with tiny fletchings?

rotten_rotten.jpg

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Couldn’t Gendey make Jamie a dragon glass sword-hand? Then he could go around swiping away with his good arm

Brilliant idea, he could fend them off with a highborn back-handed slap!

Good episode, some great dialogue. As others have mentioned, Tormund killed it. 'Giant's milk' had me roaring.

I'm glad Bran didn't tell Jaime he was the three eyed raven when he asked who he had become. Watching confusion and bewilderment on everyone's faces when he says that is wearing thin.

Poor Arya, she goes through all that shit and finally gets to get her end away with the muscly boy she's had her eye on all this time, and there's all you prudes moaning about a bit of side-boob.  All power to her I say.  Dany had it much worse in Season 1.

Really enjoyed this episode, although they had to rush through so many important scenes that Jamie meeting the kid he threw out of a window basically was reduced to "soz mate".  There's obviously going to be a post-Wrestlemania clear out of characters to leave the field free for the final run-in to who wins the game of thrones.  I really hope it's not John Snow, but I think it's probably too neat for them not to go that way.

I'm thinking they wrap up the White Walker invasion surprisingly quickly and the last few episodes are the final battles over the Thrones.

• Awards Moderator

I’m a tiny bit concerned about that, I think. The White Walkers have been such a looming threat for the entire run of the show that it could potentially feel anticlimactic to have this gigantic battle against them halfway through the season then go back to squabbling about the throne. If it’s not handled right the last couple of episodes could be HHH-Jericho to the Night King’s Rock-Hogan.

Then again, maybe the dead win next week and it’s not over.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

2 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Then again, maybe the dead win next week and it’s not over.

Russo books Game of Thrones. Swerve~! I'm hoping that they understand white walkers vs Cersei is a heel vs heel match that nobody wants to see. 

It's a shame the people in charge of Discovery couldn't have seen this first, as it would have been a good instruction on how to do the "calm before the storm" type episode. 

Having a dragon on each team would make short work of both armies though, I would have thought, so they'll need an out if they're not doing that. 

• Awards Moderator
41 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

could potentially feel anticlimactic to have this gigantic battle against them halfway through the season then go back to squabbling about the throne.

Next week's episode is 1hr 22min and took 55 days to shoot. If it's anticlimactic after that I would be surprised. There's also an outside chance it spills on to the following episode. 

Assuming Cersei doesn't do the face turn run-in there's all of her schemes to unravel. 

Edited by Onyx2

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

Next week's episode is 1hr 22min and took 55 days to shoot. If it's anticlimactic after that I would be surprised. There's also an outside chance it spills on to the following episode. 

Assuming Cersei doesn't do the face turn run-in there's all of her schemes to unravel. 

I would be surprised too, but I still think there's a risk in going from Fighting To Defeating A Zombie Army That Wants To End All Of Humanity into The People vs Cersei Who Doesn't Even Have Elephants. The unravelling of the schemes will be good, but in the face of DEATH ITSELF, they've got to be pretty good schemes to carry similar dramatic weight.

I don't think it's going to feel that way, but there is a small chance it might.

I think if it came down to The Dead vs Cersei, I'd rather The Dead won.

I loved yesterday's episode, some great character work. I think it will be a death bingo next week. I think sadly, Lyanna Mormont will be a goner, as will Brienne, Jaime, Beric, Pod, Jorah and Davos. Edit: I forgot Theon, I think he's a dead 'un too after some very tender scenes with Sansa. He's 'redeemed' himself now and can die.

I do feel a bit like the bigp battle vs The Dead should be the biggest fight and the climax of the series but I guess who sits on the Iron Throne is what it's really about. The longer the series is going on, the more I feel like it's going to be Sansa, a character I detested in the first few series'.

Edited by deathrey

Agree with the death bingo mentioned above. Basically everyone in the Fireplace Scene is a gonna die, apart from the Lannister chaps I reckon. All their character arcs are complete- this probably includes Jorah and Grey Worm too.

I really enjoyed the episode - I've read online that people were moaning that nothing happened. I couldn't disagree more. It tied up a lot of loose ends perfectly.

I also heard mentioned that the fact we didn't see the Night King himself in the final scene means he could be heading somewhere else. Although that contradicts the Bran/NK storyline.

Although if I'm Arya, I want a one night stand with Podrick fucking Payne.