Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Forgot about the whole prophecy thing.

Guy I know is convinced that Dany will have John's child. Wasn't she cursed way back in the first season?

So the kid's mum would also be his great aunt and his dad would also be his cousin?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I've finally caught up but all the discussion has been had. I would just like to say that I for one am shocked that Loki would be the one to defend the Arya sex scene.

Not that I'm any better but I thought it was alright. I'm not sure what the age of consent is in ancient Westeros but it was pretty tasteful and they have history, I don't begrudge Arya wanting to experience some intimacy before everyone starts dying.

My brother messaged me as soon as the episode ended going "I really didn't need to see that Arya sex scene." Like he was scared I'd think him watching a fictional medieval teenager in a 10 second love scene would turn him into a nonce, even though everyone else in the world is also watching it.

• Moderators

Haha. I don't begrudge her as a character and thought it was good for arc. It's more because we've seen her grow up from a kid on screen. It made me think about the actor rather than the character which kinda broke my immersion for a minute.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I'm really surprised that there has been no leaked episodes this season so far. If i remember right episode 2 season 7 leaked well early 

I’m sure HBO Germany accidentally played the first episode early. And episode two was leaked on Sunday at some point. I watched it on Sunday evening. 

On 4/23/2019 at 8:44 PM, Joe Blog said:

have just re-watched this episode again and the knighting of Brienne may be one of the best scenes in the entire show. 

Had this on as my girlfriend was watching. I gave up a few years back but always loved Brienne. This scene, and this post, were wonderful. Thanks, Joe. You’ve really added to my understanding of the things not said and why they were so important. 

• Paid Members

Apologies if this has been mentioned but.... Jon and Dany really haven't twigged they're aunt and nephew, have they?