Sign in to follow this  
Louch

Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

Tyrion always said to Bron that he would pay double. 

Bron will deliver the crossbow to Tyrion as proof he now has to pay double and Tyrion will complete the prophecy laid out by Maggy the Frog by killing his sister with the crossbow. Raising the child of Cersei and Jaimie as his own. 

Forgot about the whole prophecy thing.

Guy I know is convinced that Dany will have John's child. Wasn't she cursed way back in the first season?

45 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Guy I know is convinced that Dany will have John's child. Wasn't she cursed way back in the first season?

She mentioned that to Jon at the end of season 7 and his reply was along the lines of “and your evidence for this is the word of some weird witch lady who hated you anyway?”.

On the Bronn thing, if you subscribe to the ‘Night King’s off to King’s Landing’ theory, his part in that is spotting the ice dragon flying towards the city and he makes a decision of going back to warn them, going north to join the slightly safer people there, or (presumably) running away from both options.

My other half asked a question about if the Night King gets to King’s Landing that I kind of hope comes true. Given that it’s still looking pretty Croatian there... what if it’s too hot and he just melts into a puddle? Problem solved!

15 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

My other half asked a question about if the Night King gets to King’s Landing that I kind of hope comes true. Given that it’s still looking pretty Croatian there... what if it’s too hot and he just melts into a puddle? Problem solved!

Winter has reached King's Landing now. Can't remember which scene, maybe when Jaime rode off at the end of the last series, but it was snowing there too. Sorry Harmonic's better half!

3 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

So the kid's mum would also be his great aunt and his dad would also be his cousin?

8 minutes ago, JNLister said:

So the kid's mum would also be his great aunt and his dad would also be his cousin?

I thought he was King In The North, not King In The Norfolk.

I'm really surprised that there has been no leaked episodes this season so far. If i remember right episode 2 season 7 leaked well early 

2 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I've finally caught up but all the discussion has been had. I would just like to say that I for one am shocked that Loki would be the one to defend the Arya sex scene.

Not that I'm any better but I thought it was alright. I'm not sure what the age of consent is in ancient Westeros but it was pretty tasteful and they have history, I don't begrudge Arya wanting to experience some intimacy before everyone starts dying.

My brother messaged me as soon as the episode ended going "I really didn't need to see that Arya sex scene." Like he was scared I'd think him watching a fictional medieval teenager in a 10 second love scene would turn him into a nonce, even though everyone else in the world is also watching it.

Haha. I don't begrudge her as a character and thought it was good for arc. It's more because we've seen her grow up from a kid on screen. It made me think about the actor rather than the character which kinda broke my immersion for a minute.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

It's kinda weird that so many people are so weirded out by the pretty tame Ayra nude scene but totally ok with watching her as a child regularly brutally murder people. 

I don't think it's weird. I really do think it's just because people still think of her as a little kid in their heads that it was a bit jarring in the moment. In that respect I guess it enhances the moment for the character by making it more impactful.

7 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I'm really surprised that there has been no leaked episodes this season so far. If i remember right episode 2 season 7 leaked well early 

I’m sure HBO Germany accidentally played the first episode early. And episode two was leaked on Sunday at some point. I watched it on Sunday evening.