Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

• Moderators

Yeah tbh I didn't even consider that, because I assumed they wouldn't kill off one of those guys offscreen. But if it happens like this at the top of the episode then it will duo have a huge impact.

I like this theory!

Edit: re Sam, I hated him for the longest time but he did start to win me over. And then destroyed all goodwill built again in this episode.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

They could have done something a bit more interesting with Sam if they'd have shown him to be a bit more calloused and brave having been through what he's been through, and been a brave but ineffectual fighter. But no, he was a just a cowardly fat cunt again, getting in everyone's way and even causing his mates death. Not as bad a Bran, but in the same division. 

6 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

This is the big point for me. I know we expected some high profile deaths but I think the thing I really have a problem with is that doing this and then not bumping off a major character really feels like there's a lot less danger all around.

Still though, very enjoyable episode on the whole, apart from the very ineffective dragon fighting. 

Also known as doing a Glen under the dumpster.

One of the best moments I've not seen mentioned much was your unsullied boy telling the men to protect the retreat. Way more heroic than hiding on a dragon, Jon.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, neil said:

I have a feeling the next episode starts with someone, possibly Brienne, being found dead.

Brienne is no Blackfish, she isn't dying off camera. There was a shot of her, Pod, Jaime stood against the wall as the wights all turned to ice. The only person I didn't see in the round up at the end was Gendry, he could be a possibility. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Brienne is no Blackfish, she isn't dying off camera. There was a shot of her, Pod, Jaime stood against the wall as the wights all turned to ice. The only person I didn't see in the round up at the end was Gendry, he could be a possibility. 

I’m sure Gendry was on the pile of dead fighting with Tormund at the end. And in the trailer for next weeks episode Arya is about to kiss someone. And I would imagine that was him about to get round 2 with her. 

• Paid Members

That last 20 minutes felt like I didn't take a breath. They did such a great job giving you hope, killing it, giving a glimmer of hope, then really killing it, only for Arya to come charging out at the end. I did twig that she was going to come in to play with Bran at the end, seeing as she vanished after her "blue eyes" speech. However, my heart skipped a beat wondering if she was about to be done when she got caught.

A brilliant bit of telly. No complaints.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

What do you mean by dying off camera though? The episode ended literally when Arya killed the Night King, so we haven't really seen shit. I could very well see someone like Jamie getting up and going to Brienne and then discovering that she actually got grievously injured and is on her way to dying, that's an "on camera death".

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, neil said:

The episode ended literally when Arya killed the Night King, so we haven't really seen shit.

It didn't though did it. There was 3-4 minutes after that where the camera went around all the people you had seen fighting. You see Jaime, Pod, and Brienne stood against the inside of the castle wall. The last scene is the Hound and Melisandre coming out of the castle,  her walking outside followed by Davos, and her walking into the snow and taking off her necklace and falling over dead. Jorah has already died of his wounds after the battle, they are not going to do the same sort of death twice.