Sign in to follow this  
Louch

Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

I go back and forth on the ridiculous ending I most want from this show.

Currently, it's Euron and Cersei winning the war only for Euron (realising its not his baby) to double cross her and kill her. Show ends with him sat on the Iron Throne, one leg up cooly like a cologne model posing next to a Harley, crown slightly off to the side - 'King of Kings', the Triple H song, plays in full whilst he just grins into camera as you hear the sounds of all your favourite characters being tortured and killed in the background.

...There can be only one.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

2 hours ago, BigJag said:

Yes. We won't need to fiddle with the Tv settings to actually see what was going on. Where did Jon's Dragon go to?

Glad it wasn't just me. I was constantly pissing about with the brightness, which meant the image quality ended up a bit shit, so I ended up leaving it dark and squinting until I developed an aneurysm.

1 hour ago, deathrey said:

I think it's just recuperating and will be back. I think if he were dead they would have made it a little more obvious. 

Because of the aforementioned darkness, I didn't even see it land properly. Surely they don't job a dragon out like that. I think you're right and it's just recovering.

26 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Show ends with him sat on the Iron Throne, one leg up cooly like a cologne model posing next to a Harley, crown slightly off to the side - 'King of Kings', the Triple H song, plays in full whilst he just grins into camera as you hear the sounds of all your favourite characters being tortured and killed in the background.

...There can be only one.

Inject this into my veins 💉

I'm so sure the "brightness" problem is how it's been encoded/transmitted. There's no way, with the budgets they have, that all that horrible banding and artifacting happened in camera. It looked like 8 bit video. 

2 hours ago, JNLister said:

There could be worse endings:

Growing suspicion? That's been abundantly clear since he had the chat with the Maester guy at Maester HQ about how to tell history as a story 

So fanboys seem to have spat their dummies out over on IMDB. Episode 4 has nearly 2,000 ratings already, half of which have rated it 1 or 2 out of 10 because “eeeeewww, a girl saved the world” last episode, while the other half have rated it 10 out of 10 to drag the rating back up while saying “why are you rating something that hadn’t aired yet knobhead” despite doing the same thing themselves.

I hate the internet sometimes 

Oh absolutely, an IMDb rating means nothing. It’s more the fact that you’ve got one section throwing a hissyfit because the episode didn’t play out how the wanted/imagined, while another section are calling them out on their bullshit by doing the exact same thing. Those last 25ish minutes last week were some of the best TV there’s been in recent years, but because it’s what they wanted to happen, they’ve shat the bed.

Just had a look and The Dark Knight is still hanging in at #4, only behind Godfather 1 & 2 and The Shawshank Redemption. Thought it would’ve tumbled down by now.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Vgtu7-p01m22FATOyGGbG0OG330=.gif

Expected a step down from last week, and this served as a good set up episode for everyone heading down to Kings Landing.

Bran talking in My Chemical Romance lyrics is becoming a tiresome, my wife cried at Jon leaving Ghost behind, and I was hoping for Mountain to chop Missandei in half at the end, but we can’t have everything.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I shit it when Varys put his hands in his robes when he was talking with Tyrion in the throne room of Dragonstone. Genuinely thought that was the end of Tyrion and that a dagger would be slitting his throat. 

Nice set up episode that had enough touching moments to keep interesting. 

Really cannot predict how this is going to end now though. I still feel Dany will go all Mad Queen and end up meeting a similar end to her dad. 

Jamie and Cersie to kill each other I would guess.

Sansa is heading South I would think. 

Hound to die killing the Mountain, probably saving Greyworm in the process. 

Also, I still feel there is more to Varys and that he will do a big reveal only to be killed by Arya. 

Edited by Joe Blog

I thought I'd spend the whole episode looking out for the Starbucks cup, thankfully it was near the beginning.