Sign in to follow this  
Louch

Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

I can't believe they cucked Tormund only to have Jaime fuck off, having Sansa send a girl to give him a tactical fuck didn't help either.

Oh and my shit theory, that new unseen Dornish Prince will take the throne at the last second somehow.

Edited by Merzbow

New theory, The Golden Company are there under orders from the Iron Bank. They will turn on Cersie as the Bank want a new monarch who can stabilise the realm and repay them.

9 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

New theory, The Golden Company are there under orders from the Iron Bank. They will turn on Cersie as the Bank want a new monarch who can stabilise the realm and repay them.

They’re going to declare Westeros in chapter 11 bankruptcy, put the receivers in charge. Sell off the bits to the highest bidders.

Dany annoyed me more than ever this episode, as did Jon. I hope Arya kills them all and Sansa gets the throne.

Edited by deathrey

Thought this was proper bollocks this week. Felt like fan fiction a lot of times, Jamie banging Brienne, Arya and the Hound teaming up for one last adventure, Bronn and his ridiculous threat. And I missed the fucking cup. 

23 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I hate the internet sometimes 

I really don't understand why people do this. No-one on this forum is being a dick about it or even having that conversation. You are the only person who brought it up. Why not just enjoy the fact that this is one of the safe havens on the internet where you don't have to talk this kind of shite. 

Anyway. That was fun. Straight back to the politics now we're done with the zombies. I hated Dany so much this episode; Tyrion really is in denial. Good to see Euron getting some licks in. Jamie is pathetic. Bronn was funny, but that scene was very silly. Not a great episode all in all, but it had its moments.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

I'm struggling to understand why Cersie didn't kill Tyrion. She literally sent someone to kill him and Jamie, and there he is with multiple archers waiting to chuck some arrows into him and she calls it off. I don't get it.

Also, how the fuck did Dany with her dragons eye view not see a fleet of ships? They could clearly see her. 

A bit of shoddy writing this week, but I still enjoyed it overall. Especially "which one of you cowards shit in my pants?". Tormund needs his own spinoff. 

Might be a bit of a calculation - Missandei was a captive, and chopping her block off might not result into Drogon spitting liquid napalm on the city twenty seconds later. Tyrion was her hand, sent to negotiate, and doing him in would be a massive breach, with the Lannister name already associated with the Red Wedding and her nuking the big sept (izzat common knowledge?)

My stomach was in knots for Tyrion. First I thought Varys was going to do him in then i thought he was getting skewered ×500. The longer he lives the more hopeful i am that he gets the top job. Hopefully with Jon abdicating and heading home.

This might sound really dumb and I might have missed something but surely Dany and the dragon, after sidestepping those big bolts could’ve just circled round the back of those ships and burnt them to shit?

Its not like they can 180 those things to point at them at the rear quickly is it?

Brienne made me sad, bless her

The giant crossbows were generally a really bad introduction.  Ludicrously accurate, apparently almost insta-loading, they felt like a cheap way of getting round the fact that with 2 dragons, Dany was otherwise going to walk it in.

Otherwise I enjoyed the episode, everybody getting straight back into politics.  None of us really know how this is going to end, you've got half a dozen genuine contenders for the Iron Throne.  I'm presuming both Cersei and Dany will die, and so my assumption is that Sansa will end up Queen, as it'd be a bit of a cop out to have two powerful women contending for the throne for season after season only to give it to a man at the 11th hour.