Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

Bloody brilliant. I thought that was a superb episode "Sandor" christ that hit me hard. 

Got to be Sansa to kill Dany now. Can see Drogon turning on her as well when Jon has his heritage revealed. 

Next week is going to move at breakneck speed to tie everything up you would think. 

2 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Surely they’ve set up Arya to take Dany out after coming so close to being burned alive herself

I don't know. I think we will get Arya looking like she is going to only for Sansa to do it. Much like when Arya killed Littlefinger. I still feel Sansa needs to come full circle and her killing the mad queen (like she wanted to kill cersie) will complete that. 

I actually felt sad when Cersai and Jamie died, and now hate Dany more than Joffrey and Ramsey. How the fuck did they manage that?

Bad writing my arse.

I was so convinced that Cersai would go out like a deranged supervillain, that seeing her die a more subdued and human death was a punch in the gut.

CleganeBowl did not disappoint.

CleganeBowl didn’t  play out how I’d imagined at all, but it really was fucking spectacular.

Gregor taking tactical inspiration from prequel Obi Wan by securing the higher ground, Sandor throwing absolutely everything at him and nothing working, the eye-gouge callback...only for them to both plummet to their deaths into the fire, which was were their whole feud started when they were kids, masterful stuff

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Next week is going to move at breakneck speed to tie everything up you would think. 

Hopefully not as quick as the credits this week, mind you four pages for stuntmen alone. 

We all know where the CGI cash went, loved the shot of Drogon through the ruins as Clegane fought Clegane. And the final visuals with Arya were awesome too, especially the one framed between the buildings. 

Bran's going to warg Drogon and fuck her up isn't he? 

Edited by Teedy Kay

• Moderators

Was a great episode. Wonderfully shot and some great storylines in there. I will say that as far as the "poor writing" goes I did find the Dragon vs Crossbow to be pretty weak, I mean last week they get fucked up easily and this week unstoppable.

Hound vs Mountain was great.

It interests me that a lot of deep-fantasy loons are the ones that are butthurt the most about GoT this year. They've elevated this show in their own minds to some form of high art, deep meaning piece of history.

In recent years, it's had Coldplay, Ed Sheeran and (last night) Aaron Rodgers cameos. If it ever was what they think it is, it's not anymore.

It's big-ticket, popcorn cinema. Beautifully shot, exciting, often well-acted for sure. But it's not an 'OSCAR WINNER'. It's The Avengers in chainmail.

19 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

Bran's going to warg Drogon and fuck her up isn't he? 

But she's fireproof. That would only work if Bran was distracting Drogon by taking him for a nice fly over Westeros whilst the people (Arya) did what they needed to do.

• Paid Members

I thought it was good. I don't get how people are so butthurt about it. We all knew how many episodes were in this season, and there was little to no chance of the Battle of King's Landing being the final episode.

The most common complaints I've seen are "mrehhh Dany's Mad Queen Shit came out of nowhere" but just in the space of this season she has arrived in Westeros, been dismissed and derided by everyone she's met, lost her closest advisor, lost her closest friend, lost a boyfriend, found out her boyfriend is in fact her nephew and has a greater claim to the throne than she has, lost her second dragon and had to put up with people plotting against her. There is no wonder she went all Mad Queen on them. 

Does anyone think the letter Varys burnt was a red herring and that he has already sent the actual one to someone important?

I was quite gutted that he was turned into a human candle; always thought he would have a bigger part to play. 

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, deathrey said:

But she's fireproof. That would only work if Bran was distracting Drogon by taking him for a nice fly over Westeros whilst the people (Arya) did what they needed to do.

Dragons have teeth. 

• Moderators

All I'm getting from this thread is that I'm glad I don't read about / discuss this show anywhere except here and in a group chat with my mates. 

That episode was great. Some amazing visuals - that shot of Arya standing in the light after the dragon fire was probably my favourite. Clegane battle did not disappoint. I did call how pathetic and easy to dispatch the bolt throwers would be this week, but I guess you can explain that away with 'element of surprise' last week.

For all the talk of predictability, although the main points may be, the way things actually played out was really interesting tbh. I have no idea who is going to kill Dany and how but I'm damned excited to find out.