Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

• Paid Members

It’s only since a girl saved the day 2 episodes ago that it was decided that the writers can’t write for shit. Places like IMDB are at fault too for allowing them to rate something a day before it airs, it’s fucking stupid.

And like you say, it happens with everything now. Everything is either the greatest thing ever made or it’s complete dogshite, there is no “it was alright” anymore.

Pardon the cliche, but it’s clearly just a load of basement dwelling gobshites with nothing better to do than complain about it because it hasn’t played out exactly as they had pictured it doing so. I saw one comment earlier about how this person “deserved better” and so & so “deserved better”, and it just brought back memories that tweet about the Women’s Wrestlemania Battle Royale and how everyone in the match “deserved better”

That's just not true though. People started to turn on the writing last season, but the show had enough good credit in the bank that most people would turn a blind eye and/or give benefit of the doubt. I'm sure there are some out there who are annoyed that a girl killed The Knight King, but the majority have had grumbles since way before then. 

The reason there is so much fixed feelings on it is because people think the show runners are just fed up of Game of Thrones and just wanting to get it finished with in the quickest, easiest way and move onto the next thing. The show has been filled with lazy writing for the last two seasons, miraculous last second saves of a character who just had to be doomed and a real lack of attention to detail. Considering it was a show that excelled at not relying on lazy writing, miraculous last second saves and having great attention to detail then its understandable why people are annoyed/feeling dissatisfied from a narrative point of view. It still looks spectacular, but its feeling hollow for a lot of people. 

I think this was always going to be the way once they moved past the source material though. No matter how good or bad it was going to be, there was always going to be that section of the fanbase thinking "I wonder what George would have done?" 

I'm in the "its alright" camp. Visually its still stunning, but the structure and writing leave a lot to be desired. 

• Paid Members

So I do a daily Twitter search for "need a writer" with the vague idea that once in a million years you'll find a worthwhile freelance assignment. Most days it seems like half the results are people insulting WWE or Trump and there's usually a bunch of people asking the stars/producers/networks of big dramas if they "need a writer" as if that's how recruitment is done.

Today somebody genuinely tweeted HBO to complain about Game of Thrones and then ask if they need a writer for it. Somehow I don't think they're hiring.

I’m sure most of you are far more careful than I’ve been about this, but be extra careful when searching for the hashtag for this episode on Twitter.

I may have accidentally had the final ever episode spoiler. Apparently someone posted spoilers for episodes 4, 5 and 6 on Reddit (sorry if this has been discussed earlier in the thread - I’m too scared to go back and look in case more of it is spoiled) and they’ve been pretty accurate when it comes to episodes 4&5.

Some prat posted something like ‘The spoilers for episode 5 were exact which mean that it ends with..’ on Twitter and I ended up seeing it. 

So yeah. Fuck social media, fuck that person and fuck me too for being daft enough to use Twitter. 

On 5/2/2019 at 1:31 PM, d-d-d-dAz said:

Currently, it's Euron and Cersei winning the war only for Euron (realising its not his baby) to double cross her and kill her. Show ends with him sat on the Iron Throne, one leg up cooly like a cologne model posing next to a Harley, crown slightly off to the side - 'King of Kings', the Triple H song, plays in full whilst he just grins into camera as you hear the sounds of all your favourite characters being tortured and killed in the background.

I’m disappointed this appears to be no longer on the cards...

But I pretty much love any game of thrones episode, regardless of what happens- even when it’s bad I enjoy it more than 98% of anything else I watch.  

The Jamie escape seemed awfully convenient and rushed, but worth it to get the goodbye scene between the brothers. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Sonny Mustang said:

I’m disappointed this appears to be no longer on the cards...

It's Bronn now, with Ser Robson Green as Hand — the set pulls away, and they're in the "Saturday Night at the Movies" set from 1996, as the whole cast of the past seven or so years comes out for a big Westerosi knees up to a Chas 'n' Dave version of "The Rains of Castermere," recorded before Chas passed away.y2mate.gif.6a1c768c2b941e428b56e03c4dd0a064.gif

Edited by Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

EDIT: How do you get Twitter links to embed properly? That hasn't worked at all.

That sketch was my first thought while that was happening. 

Dany has always been a tyrant, how anyone couldn't see that is beyond me. Hell she only gave a shit about slavery because her brother sold her.

She's constantly ignored advice and butchered anyone that got in her way. While I'm at it, fuck Greyworm as well the boring cunt.

"Fandoms" can fuck right off. They ruin everything.

Amazing episode.

• Paid Members

That was fucking belting that. 

My only negative is the fall out of that episode deserves a full season in itself. How they're ending this show after that has me baffled. 

Have they basically just gone full circle to Aegon the Conquerer sacking and burning Harrenhall? 

Dany has to fall after that, she just has to. 

Fuck that was good, it's done it's job perfectly as I'm aching to see the conclusion. Great TV. Duck anyone with negativity for that.