Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Where’s Yara during all of this? Is she just back at the Iron Islands protecting them from no-one because Pyke is a bit rubbish and no-one really wants it?

Yes. At least she has an excuse, Gendry is sitting in his nice round castle (that nobody is trying to take because they forgot it existed) with his trotters up!

• Paid Members

Iron Bank/Golden Company are a bunch of idiots. You'd be a fool to back Cercei but assuming they won the war, how the hell were they gonna get paid?  Cersei was broke already and you'd have to assume the kingdom would be in tatters after the battle. 

Anyways, really enjoyed the episode and was a little shocked at the backlash online. Cunts everywhere. 

My Mrs was very annoyed because she felt let down by Jamie, who had been following something of a redemption arc up until this point. Only to scurry back to his true love, Queen Bitch, at the bitter end. 

I felt no sympathy for Cersei. They don't seem to like using the top heels to put anyone over on the way out, Night King being the obvious exception. Joffrey's death was crap and unsatisfying. Ramsey left to the dogs off camera? Rubbish. Cersei buried under rubble? Come on. She needed to give someone (other than Jamie) the rub. 

Overall though, I fucking loved this episode. The visuals were amazing. ClegaineBowl was the highlight. 

Bronn to cash in MITB and take the throne after the inevitable Death of Daenerys showdown. 

• Paid Members

That was a superb episode. The moment that Dany went full mad queen she fulfilled exactly what Cersei she was in an earlier season 'A foreign queen with a Dothraki horde coming to take the throne and destroy Kings Landing" This course of action has been foreshadowed for a long time, so all the people saying it came out of nowhere just aren't paying attention. 

They've also played this whole thing as a battle between ice and fire, which will come out on top. Arya killed the Night King and defeated the ice part of the equation. It would not surprise me if Arya also kills Dany to defeat the fire part as well.

As @d-d-d-dAz said it is the absolute anoraks that are doing the most complaining. I assume they would like at least one season of people just describing what they are having for dinner like it does b***s, 

• Paid Members

For all the complaints - some of which I can see and others not - its completely unfair for people to think the Mad Queen turn has come from nowhere. That's something that the ground work has been well and truly laid for. 

Essentially everywhere Dany has been, she has taken it by force; only everyone was ok with it cause she was normally taking it from oppressive rulers. There has always been a question mark over her about how she would handle things when she got to Westeros. "The Gods flip and coin" and all that. Her banging on about her destiny, proclaiming many times that she will burn "insert city here" to the ground, showing no mercy for the Tarlys, being a general bitch to Sansa cause the North doesnt want to kneel etc has all been foreshadowing to her spitting her dummy out when things stopped going her way. Sprinkle on top of that her losing half her armies, 2 of her Dragons and then Jorah and Missandei - to top it off find out that the guy she is been shagging is actually her nephew and has a better claim to the throne anyway, and its a pretty straight line to Mad Queen. 

On a side note, I think most are being blind to the levels of disappointment at the show - its not just basement dwelling, anorak virgins complaining, same way its not just sheeple fanbois loving it. There is a middle ground. Most of the people I work with are just regular, casual TV viewers and they've all noticed a considerable drop in quality this season. Even the cast don't seem that fond of it this season from various interviews. 

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, Silky Kisser said:

Iron Bank/Golden Company are a bunch of idiots. You'd be a fool to back Cercei but assuming they won the war, how the hell were they gonna get paid?  Cersei was broke already and you'd have to assume the kingdom would be in tatters after the battle. 

Anyways, really enjoyed the episode and was a little shocked at the backlash online. Cunts everywhere. 

I think they explained that off last season when the Lannisters took Highgarden and all the Tyrells’ wealth. Some of it got smooshed in the supply train attack but there was enough for Cersei to settle things with the bank and hire the Company (not that there’s any of them left to collect their pay anyway!)

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

It is obviously a big enough problem to bring you out of retirement to complain about it anyway 😉

I was overdue a return anyway.

I used to be fairly active in this thread many moons ago, so I popped back to gauge the overall mood. 

I see the two extremes of the discussion going on around the show at then moment, as someone who is kind of middle of the road I wanted to try and discuss it with others - and you cant have a discussion on Twitter!

• Members

I'm loving this series. My only concern is getting everything wrapped up in just one more episode. I can't see how anyone can say The Mad Queen has come out of nowhere. There's been plenty of telling moments since at least her execution of the Tarleys.

Minor gripes would be:

Jon Snow has been fucking useless in this series. Proper dithering idiot at times.

Not sure where Bronn ends up and can't help but think he could have had more to do this series.

I think we end with

Arya kills or Drogon or Dany

Jon gives the throne to Sansa and returns North.

Sansa is Queen with Tyrion as Hand and Arya as Queens Guard

Really, as long as Davos is ok and gets a nice castle at the end I'm happy.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Arn Anderson's Darb said:

There's been plenty of telling moments since at least her execution of the Tarleys.

Or at least since series 2.

I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine with fire and blood.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I like the fact that somehow they made you feel for Cersei - the biggest monster throughout the show - during her death.

Still hated her! 

I loved that episode, these huge episodes are the payoff to everything and I'm loving them, I had no idea people where complaining about it, what weird cunts. People can be dickheads sometimes about shit they like in the weirdest way, say what you like about Marvel movie nerds but at least they proper love that stuff, look forward to it, throw their money at it, enjoy it then gush about it in a way lots of other fandoms can't seem to just let go and enjoy.

Was anyone else massively reminded of darth Vader when the sir gregor took off his similar to Darth's helmet and sported an identical looking "Vader return of the Jedi face reveal" fat bald pale scarred head?

The VFX were great in this episode, the Dragon looked the best it has and all the fire and stuff was awesome. Lovely eyepokes, hands cut off, screaming burning people etc as well.

I hope jon ends up "winning" the throne then abolishing the monarchy completely cos thrones and rulers are wack. And Arya survives and gets a spin off.

• Paid Members

This isn't aimed at anyone in particular, but I find it funny that we're complaining about fans ragging on the product that they supposedly love and support. 

Then I ventured into the Raw thread. 

Edited by Silky Kisser