Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Rapey Eyes said:

If the white walkers were victorious, what’s to stop them going across to Essos? Is there a reason why they don’t use ships? Or is it they’ve not captured any ships yet. 

They're waiting on LeChuck to make his valiant return from a distant Island not even Euron has been to. 

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

The theory on the Walkers doing a double attack are solid but even with the new retconned eta on Westeros travel it would have to come later in the series. 

Himself flies over there on his dead dragon, raising the massive amounts of war dead along the way, and in Kings Landing.

Pretty sure there's no real expiration date on the dead, when Bran and Co. arrived at the Three-Eyed Raven's house, the corpses coming out of the ground seemed to be Harryhousen-level skeletonized.

Ive loved every second of this season so far it's been building perfectly first 2 episodes were always going to be slow and building up to the hour and half mammoth episodes. The last episode was so amazing as a whole we saw everyone come together and have characters have interactions with each other which was both moving and funny.

I bloody love tormund he has fast become such a naturally funny character - where's the big woman-  and just the way he stairs at her tickles me, he's a wildling that before recent events had no contact with normal people so almost all the time he's being dead socially awquard and weird.

Seeing brienne and Jamie's relationship continue to grow and develop has been really nice she really changed him and if we look back to jamie from season 1 he was awful.

All in all I'm really excited too see the end and who will be sitting on that throne 

Some of the markets are really interesting on this. Without quoting who the bookies favourite is, all I'll say is that it's someone who I wouldn't consider to be in the most likely 3.

Who do we think is dying next time out then? Brienne, Jorah, Grey Worm, Davos and Tormund all seemed to have finished their character arcs. Brienne got the one thing she always wanted, Jorah has a sword to wield in the memory of his dad, Davos saw Princess Shireen in the fiesty little lass, Grey Worm spoke of his future with Missandei and Tormund realised he would never fuck Brienne but seemed to be genuinely happy for her happiness- his standing ovation was a thing of beauty.

I think those 5 are definitely gonners.

Edited by Max Power

So ahead of Epic Battle #1, the wife and I decided to have a bet with eachother and drew a random Deadpool of the main characters that are left (including Direwolves & Dragons). Whoever has the most left alive (as human, not dead and brought back as a White Walker) at the end of the series wins. We’ve also selected from who we think will be on the throne at the end (bolded) our of who we drew:

Me: Sansa, Tyrion, Missandei, Bronn, Ghost, Eddison, Tormund, The Hound, Qyburn, Beric, Drogon, Yara, Gilly, Varys, The Night King, Robin (of the Vale), Podrick, Yohn and Cersei

The Wife: The Mountain, Lyanna, Jon Snow/Aegon Targaryen, Melisandre, Euron, Theon, Gendry, Jamie, Brienne, Danereys, Arya, Greyworm, Samwell, Rhaegal, Davos, Bran, Jorah, Little Sam, Viserion

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Awards Moderator

I’ve done the same for people at work. It was just meant for our office but it caught on and now a Battle of Winterfell surviving/dying pool is going around the whole company. Tuesday’s going to be me poring over stats like @Glenryck Pilchards the day after the Royal Rumble!

Brilliant.

Me and the wife did something similar - we thought we couldn't have been the only ones. I'm a little bit worried though as out of the lads and lasses I've drawn, I only have 2 that I reckon will live. I'm sure she rigged it.

12 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Anyone predictions on what role Bronn will play?

Tyrion survives the battle at Winterfell and makes it to King’s Landing, otherwise you have no payoff of Qyburn/Cersei giving Bron the crossbow. I reckon Bron will try and kill Tryion, because he’s always been out for himself and getting a life of wealth however he can, only to get killed by now master swordsman Podrick, whose remained loyal to Tyrion 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Tyrion always said to Bron that he would pay double. 

Bron will deliver the crossbow to Tyrion as proof he now has to pay double and Tyrion will complete the prophecy laid out by Maggy the Frog by killing his sister with the crossbow. Raising the child of Cersei and Jaimie as his own. 

• Awards Moderator
45 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Forgot about the whole prophecy thing.

Guy I know is convinced that Dany will have John's child. Wasn't she cursed way back in the first season?

She mentioned that to Jon at the end of season 7 and his reply was along the lines of “and your evidence for this is the word of some weird witch lady who hated you anyway?”.

On the Bronn thing, if you subscribe to the ‘Night King’s off to King’s Landing’ theory, his part in that is spotting the ice dragon flying towards the city and he makes a decision of going back to warn them, going north to join the slightly safer people there, or (presumably) running away from both options.

My other half asked a question about if the Night King gets to King’s Landing that I kind of hope comes true. Given that it’s still looking pretty Croatian there... what if it’s too hot and he just melts into a puddle? Problem solved!

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

My other half asked a question about if the Night King gets to King’s Landing that I kind of hope comes true. Given that it’s still looking pretty Croatian there... what if it’s too hot and he just melts into a puddle? Problem solved!

Winter has reached King's Landing now. Can't remember which scene, maybe when Jaime rode off at the end of the last series, but it was snowing there too. Sorry Harmonic's better half!