Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
Who did Hogan lose his titles to?

Andre, Warrior, Undertaker, Yokozuna, The Giant/Big Show, Lex Luger, Sting, Vacated/Sting (Superbrawl 98), Goldberg, Flair, Sting, Vacated/stripped/Russo worked shoot (BATB 2000), Undertaker. I think that's all of them!

And people say Hogan doesn't do business. Look at that! Lex Luger, Big Show, Goldberg... Yoko! the man was a veritable job machine.

• Paid Members

Interesting thing to look at, that. It's not dissimilar with Triple H, who's dropped world titles to Vince, Big Show, Rock, Hogan, Michaels, Goldberg, some cunt who killed his family, Batista and Orton (twice), plus the Dustied match with Jericho. Out of that lot, Jericho, Batista and Srangles McGee were definitely a few notches below him in terms of star power when he put them over, and you could argue that Big Show was still being built up in WWF too. Batista was red hot, but that win still made him.

Am I right in thinking Savage never scored a pin over Hogan?

Did a quick google search and you appear to be correct though I did come across this absolute howler of a comment from some fapper.

But I doubt it though since Hogan usualy wrestled slugs like Earthquake, Andre, Studd, and others to not show up his poor skills.

• Paid Members
Am I right in thinking Savage never scored a pin over Hogan?

Did a quick google search and you appear to be correct though I did come across this absolute howler of a comment from some fapper.

But I doubt it though since Hogan usualy wrestled slugs like Earthquake, Andre, Studd, and others to not show up his poor skills.

Yeah, Andre and John Studd really hid Hogan's weaknesses in them scientific stunners.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Yes I do have too much time on my hands, but was thinking to myself now if the WWE wanted to recreate a Wrestlemania 1 match (being 30 since the first), if it could be done or not. By looking up and down the card, I've been trying to conclude if any of the participants are: a) alive and b) capable of wrestling some kind of match in 2013.

If Matt Borne was still alive, I would have said his match against Ricky Steamboat. But as things stand, it would have to be Beefcake vs David Sammatino, and that would be a question mark as god knows what Sammartino's upto these days. Wikipedia says he's a personal trainer, so you'd have to imagine he's in some kind of shape. Beefcake's still active on the indy's.

Otherwise, the US Express v Volkoff and the Sheik would be a no-no as Sheiky Baby was uncapable of taking a bump 10 years ago and Windham's had various heart problems. For the women, Wendi Richter's last match was in 2005.

So many of them are dead, quite shocking really. One of the few where all the participants are still alive is the main event.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

Has anyone seen the post that Sky Bet have up on Facebook regarding the betting for Battleground?

The comments underneath range from cringeworthy to straight up embarrassing. You have guys on there spouting the 'it's all fake, this is just asking for match fixing' gubbins, but then you have the wrestling fans that are the reason it's sometimes easier to not admit to being a wrestling fan, commenting with things like 'if it's so fake, tell that to Droz blah blah blah'.

It's an amusing read.