Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

I still think they missed a trick letting Maxine go. She was getting really good at the backstage stuff messing around with rapey Johnny Curtis every week. She should be in Vickie's Smackdown GM role by now. I forget whether she was much cop at the in-ring stuff, but that doesn't really matter anyway.

There were a few stories knocking about that AJ ate a whole bunch of shit from the higher ups for saying to Jerry Lawler 'I'm 26, I'm too old for you' as it flew in the face of their marketing of her. That, as Pitty alluded to, she's almost the 'teenager' of the divas division.

Though, it can probably be filed next to 'Seth Rollins' has a limp handshake' in the Complete Bullshit folder.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
The ear rings, that photo, that when I searched photos of Jindrak one of the photos was hosted on a gay website.

A lot of wrestlers have pictures uploaded on gay websites by the webmasters of those sites. Says more about the people who watch it than the wrestlers themselves. If you look at 8x10s of 90% of wrestlers the only thing that looks straight in them is Hacksaws 2x4.

There used to be some guy who sold compilations of squash matches on eBay, aimed directly at the gay market. You'd get too much information about Mario Mancini's trunks.

The ear rings, that photo, that when I searched photos of Jindrak one of the photos was hosted on a gay website.

A lot of wrestlers have pictures uploaded on gay websites by the webmasters of those sites. Says more about the people who watch it than the wrestlers themselves. If you look at 8x10s of 90% of wrestlers the only thing that looks straight in them is Hacksaws 2x4.

There used to be some guy who sold compilations of squash matches on eBay, aimed directly at the gay market. You'd get too much information about Mario Mancini's trunks.

I remember a particularly amusing Segunda Caida Saturday Night review about Mike Tolbert being a gay icon in the making:

8. Mike Tolbert vs. Greg Valentine

I have zero memory of Mike Tolbert and when I did a google search for him the first thing that came up was a link to a blog titled "beefcakesofwrestling" and when I clicked on it, it took me to a page that asked me whether "I understood and wished to continue" or "I do not wish to continue" that the site had adult content and decided that I did not wish to continue. But now I'll forever wonder "why Mike Tolbert!?" I mean, in this episode alone I would have rather seen hunky oiled photos of Steve and Brad Armstrong and Chris Jericho, why is Mike Tolbert considered such a beefcake? I fully accept that I may not have my finger on the pulse of 1998 gay men society, so therefore acknowledge that I may not know who is a stud and who is not. I mean, I've seen the movie Longtime Companion and own a bunch of H

• Paid Members

I was listening to an old F4W interview earlier from 2007, and they were talking about Batista's autobiography. Alvarez said "he says he's 38 which is obviously bullshit". It was the casual nature of how he dismissed Batista's age. I had a hunch for a while he was older than he claims he is, but that really got me thinking, is Batista only 44? He's always looked like a well groomed older man even in his early 30s to me. But I always put that down to him having the Hogan/Jesse Ventura/Superstar Graham thing where they looked like they were in their 40s when they were 14. Ages in wrestling are like their weights. Isn't The Undertaker really in his 50s or something? Mr Perfect said on TNA he was in his 30s a few weeks before he died aged 44. Jerry Lawler tried his best for years to convince people he was still a strapping young lad, even in the mid-90s when he was denying Brian Christopher was any relation to him.

How old are you pegging Batista as? I'm going to say he's 48.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Bobby Heenan is incredible. People say the Rumble '92 was his finest hour, but I've been watch the new Goldberg DVD and the Goldberg vs Hogan match is close. he's just so amazing, all the stuff he comes out with adds so much to the spectacle, and his thoughs and talking about the psychology and the thoughts of Hogan and Goldberg. "Who cares, there is zero on the other side" Incredible. Also Mike Tenay is great too, I had forgotten how much I had enjoyed him back in the day.

• Paid Members

You couldn't see that coming from a mile off? The tickets went on sale before the venues were booked. That was a major alarm bell right there. They are all over posters and they aren't booked to come over. I'm not buying a ticket for something where the names aren't confirmed and the promoter has no right to advertised them as due to appear. More shit arsery.

This is the best line:

Book now to avoid disappointment!

• Paid Members
Won't WWE own the rights to that?

Not if it was filmed by RF Video. Feinstein still owes a portion of the ECW library. Or more to the point, Heyman made a deal with Feinstein the the 90s to film ECW footage and the deal to distribute ECW stuff they filmed still holds up today.

I don't know the terms the promoter has come to with Hall/Nash/Waltman, but I do know the preference is for first class air travel with Hall preferably travelling wiith at least Nash.

Those fares aren't cheap, and probably cost more than the combined cost of booking the best venues in each city.

The costs are probably out of control before you consider wages and other inevitable overheads.

Hopefully everyone walks away happy.