Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
There's a never seen before ECW show coming out called Holiday Hell 2000. Tommy Dreamer found it in his garage or something. It was taped in December 2000 but never edited or anything because the company was on deaths door.

That's quite the find seeing as how it was ECW's last ever show at the ECW Arena.

I don't know the terms the promoter has come to with Hall/Nash/Waltman, but I do know the preference is for first class air travel with Hall preferably travelling wiith at least Nash.

Those fares aren't cheap, and probably cost more than the combined cost of booking the best venues in each city.

The costs are probably out of control before you consider wages and other inevitable overheads.

Hopefully everyone walks away happy.

A prominent UK promoter with a good track record of overseas talents has mentioned on Facebook that as far as he's aware 2 of the 3 currently can't get a Visa. It'll be a miracle if this goes ahead smoothly.

I don't know the terms the promoter has come to with Hall/Nash/Waltman, but I do know the preference is for first class air travel with Hall preferably travelling wiith at least Nash.

Those fares aren't cheap, and probably cost more than the combined cost of booking the best venues in each city.

The costs are probably out of control before you consider wages and other inevitable overheads.

Hopefully everyone walks away happy.

A prominent UK promoter with a good track record of overseas talents has mentioned on Facebook that as far as he's aware 2 of the 3 currently can't get a Visa. It'll be a miracle if this goes ahead smoothly.

Very worrying. If the promoter tries to get Visa's and they're rejected it would presumably created a red flag on a Customs system. If the promoter takes a flyer and hopes they get through Customs on the basis they're tourists there's still a risk.

Perhaps the initial ticket sales will provide the income needed to pay the deposits (assuming there wasn't enough money to cover this cost to start with) and the guys are now entitled to a Visa.

I can't imagine the stress involved in this type of venture - even once the guys are in the country you'd be stressed out babysitting them for a few days. At any moment any of these guys could decide to be an ass, and I expect the others would join in before telling them to turn it in.

Again I hope the best for everyone involved, and perhaps there's no need to worry. I just get the feeling that everyone would feel a bit more comfortable if a familiar promoter (PSI who promoted JR's tour or a respected wrestling show promoter) was running these events, and there wasn't such ambiguity over the venues.

I've read on this forum and elsewhere about how Lex Luger seems to be a changed man, as he is now quite down to earth and pleasant, but not so much in the past.

It reminded me of the time he worked the WWA European tour, and allegedly refused to work for more than 5 minutes each event, even though he was advertised as one of the biggest stars on the tour. For advertising purposes he certainly seemed to be second in the hierarchy to Sting.

I've always wondered if it was true that for all the trouble he caused (saying he wasn't well enough to perform on some shows, making demands about bigger hotel rooms, wanting preferential treatment on the tour coach) if him and Sting were paid the rumoured $10,000 each event.

If true Andrew McManus, the promoter, must have felt ill as he saw poor attendances throughout the tour (a show in Nottingham was outright cancelled). But the final insult must have been Luger's diva attitude as he took good money from him.

For what it's worth I think the figures were probably inflated, but I bet Luger and Sting were still on a good whack for what was essentially a nice little sight seeing tour hanging around with a lot of the WCW boys Vince didn't sign or had already released.

I'm really not missing Sheamus. I hope he comes back with a bit more of a substantive character, it seems a bit unlikely though. He was starting to lose the crowds a bit before he got injured, but he'll get a decent bounce if he comes back as a face.

Seamus needs totally repackaged upon his return. I think it's also important that he plays heel.

His look is so unique but it does need freshened up a bit. I remember in his early days he appeared on ECW in almost a 3-piece suit with his hair down and he looked great.

Would love to see them do more with Seamus, Barrett and McIntyre considering the long history they all have together.

Sheamus should start coming out in something like this

9eo7.jpg

He's far too extraordinary looking to just be another bloke that hangs about in pants.

I agree they should do something with Drew again. He's discovered a bit of personality since 3mb and can go in ring. Good looking bloke, still only 28. Barrett can fuck off. Football hoolie Danny Burch is the only English bloke they need on the telly.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

• Paid Members

Well, I saw Big Sexy wrestle in Deeside last year in that mess of a last show that 1pw put on. So we can safely say it's the other two.

• Paid Members

Just watching Vintage Collection on the sky planner and can't explain how much cutting out the ring entrances spoils it for me. In my book the entrances and music is a huge part of the proceedings and although cut out for time reasons presumably, takes a lot away.

There's a never seen before ECW show coming out called Holiday Hell 2000. Tommy Dreamer found it in his garage or something. It was taped in December 2000 but never edited or anything because the company was on deaths door.

i wish he'd find cyberslam 2000

That's quite the find seeing as how it was ECW's last ever show at the ECW Arena.

That's how Feinstein is promoting it, and Dreamer & Danny Doring have recorded commentary for it talking about behind the scenes stuff from that period.

• Paid Members

Toy Hunter on Quest is the best show on TV by a mile. Its about some bloke with scary white teeth knocking about the US searching for rare toys. Something I'm upset about, it seems like everytime he does his Comic Con stall, all the nerds that turn up have shirts ranging from CM Punk to Kurt Angle to some lad who had a Black Machismo shirt on (?). The opening credits have a visible Scott Steiner WCW figure in it every episode. Yet I've never seem them do a piece on WWF figures. You'd think they would do. I'm thinking that would be the perfect subject to do a show on. I'm waiting each episode for the bloke to find a Ultimate Warrior that doesn't have the fingers bitten off to sell for 80 quid or something.

Its obviously fake as fuck as well. You have specials where Gene Simmons (a bloke who admits to never throwing any KISS merch out, and even having an office and a warehouse full of the shit) is putting him on the hunt for an item for him. There is footage off KISS shamelessly raiding conventions and taking stuff they claim was stolen and sold on, so if Simmons wants something he's not asking this lad to get it for him. But its all in good fun. I'm thinking they could do a special where Hogan or Warrior or even someone in the WWE like Kofi Kingston or Zack Ryder tells them they are after a toy to add to their collection and the presenter has to go on the hunt to pick it up from someones house. Fucking baffled there hasn't been a wrestling tie in from the opening few episodes on this show.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay