Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

In fairness to Tazz, who can hear Brock Lesnar's music with saying/thinking "Well...Here comes the pain"??

Totally - anytime I watch the film Snake Eyes and the guy shouts "here comes the pain" I think of Tazz and Lesnar.

Michael Cole's job sounds like one of the hardest going, to be fair to him. Matt Striker gave him huge credit in his shoot interview for his workrate when it comes to driving Raw every week. The level of detail needed to be gone into for each little segment, from a loose grasp of the stuff in the ring, to the WWE and non-WWE things that need promoting, the social media, the local town/upcoming PPV stuff, as well as engaging in some sort of craic with whichever pillock he's stuck out there with week after week. And that's ignoring the shifts he has to do at that big table on the HHH DVD, that looks a fair fucking task as well.

I reckon, in hindsight, this all-in-one pitchman Cole is now is basically why WWE wanted to get JR out of the way all these years. It was a necessary requirement of the modern game, and they saw Cole's "half-decent at the wrestling moves, A1 at everything else" approach better than Ross' "knows his holds and his American football, not that fucking useful with hashtags".

• Paid Members

Speaking of JR, he officially went all Jim Cornette today. After years of doing the old "let play out you fucking marks" shite, he's finally started burying WWE's booking. I agree with a lot of what he says in fairness.

Crunch time for WWE as it relates to producing a compelling Monday Night Raw that sells the HIAC PPV which will be the 2nd, I think, PPV of the billing cycle for the company.

With the overall lack of main event depth in WWE these days, now would be the perfect time to get someone on a roll...attempt to get them hot and see if the individual can connect with the audience. One can always audible out of it but this matter can't be determined in a few weeks no matter how sage like some feel that they may be in determining such.

It's a process that is largely determined by the live audience's reaction over time.

All sports, or entertainment, fans want to support the 'stars' and 'stars,' IE heroes, and all have similar traits. They win more than they lose, they somehow eventually overcome when the odds are the greatest against them and they never quit. All these traits endears them to the audience. Fans can identify with winning. Loses become significant moments and not every other week occurrences.

50/50 booking helps NO one.

Those trying to re-invent the "booking" wheel and who refuse or simply ignore basic psychology and human emotions are foolish or naive or...gasp... egomaniacal.

Box office receipts and PPV numbers should convince any one who professes that the fine line between good and evil need not exist.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Its a pic of benoits son david and y2j at a wwe show, do any of you think he'd ever get a spot in the wwe with what his dad did or would they be reluctant to do so?

He'd have to be mental to want to get into the business at all, given what it did to his father, and ultimately to his family.

Im sure he'll still have family friends dotted around though, so nothing strange about meeting up with them backstage.

• Paid Members
It's probably been said before but god CM Punk does not come across well on his DVD.

I agree totally, I have a mate who loves him and told me I had to watch it and I couldn't believe what an arsehole he is. I guess him being a miserable skinny twat with a massive sense of entitlement endears him to some people.