Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

In discussion of WM30 everyone keeps talking about The Rock coming back but is this actually a done deal? Because after last year where The Rock didn't even bother turning up to the Raw after WM when he was supposed to, his apparent huge injury that he sustained in his match against Cena and comments in interviews it doesn't sound to me like he's interested in coming back. Since his Wrestlemania appearances his star has raised considerably and he's knocking out number 1 movies almost monthly, I don't see why he'd want to. Grateful if anyone can clarify.

Personally, I'd rather he didn't come back. His feud against Punk was good but everything else was fucking shite.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
In discussion of WM30 everyone keeps talking about The Rock coming back but is this actually a done deal? Because after last year where The Rock didn't even bother turning up to the Raw after WM when he was supposed to, his apparent huge injury that he sustained in his match against Cena
the two are linked. He didn't come back to are because of his huge injury.

• Paid Members

Even pre injury, the plan was for The Rock to piss off until the Rumble/'Mania period started and then he'd feud with Brock.

I'd be amazed if WWE didn't make it worth The Rock's time to do the big 30 show. They're eager to load the card with as much star power as possible and with The Rock you get a lot of that.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members
In discussion of WM30 everyone keeps talking about The Rock coming back but is this actually a done deal? Because after last year where The Rock didn't even bother turning up to the Raw after WM when he was supposed to, his apparent huge injury that he sustained in his match against Cena

I seem to remember at the time people thinking he may have been faking the injury.

I don't think he's coming back.

He doesn't seem arsed about it in interviews, and he was acting all 'GOODBYE FOREVAAAAAAA' at the end of the Mania match.

He can stay fucked off, for all I care. He turned up for 3 years, and got shown up by Cena at every turn.

• Paid Members

I seem to remember at the time people thinking he may have been faking the injury.

Yeah, he wasn't. He had surgery and missed important publicity events for his newest film. It was people putting 2 and 2 together and making 2489563785

Edited by Duke

• Paid Members

Yeah, add me to the list of people not arsed if Rock doesn't come back. His return before Wrestlemania as the host was special, but then everything between that point and him leaving again was mostly shit. Cena out-shone him at everything, he looked like a spam email for LEGAL STEROIDS THAT 100% WORK and his promos were a mix of really bad and "these were better when I was 11".

At one point, Zack Ryder got a better fan reaction than him and all I remember was him trying really hard not to look gutted.

Good riddance, I say.

Edited by FelatioLips

• Paid Members

I would have loved it if he'd just come back and been The Rock, and not the Twitter-obsessed dickhead that kept banging on about "Boots To Asses" and "trending worldwide." Fuck off.

The Rock wasnt to bad, he was what he was. He was never going to risk offending anyone and sacrificing his multi multi million dollar movie career. Saying that his return and scathing and both hilarious promo on Cena is still the best promo of the last ten yrs. The rock concert 4 was also excellent.

• Paid Members

I understand why it's not practical but i'd love to see him back as Hollywood Rock again, was never a fan of the guy really but that was a bliding run he had. He's so smug and talented he's a natural heel like HBK