Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
He comes across much better on his DVD than he does anywhere else.

I agree. He's usually a complete wanker but he seems pretty laid back on his DVD. It also makes him look a good bloke with the younger guys in the locker room, and the Mercury story makes him sound like one of the best guys you could possibly have in your corner. Might just be we the marks that he has contempt for rather than his peers, family, friends and all the people that actually matter.

He comes across much better on his DVD than he does anywhere else.

I agree. He's usually a complete wanker but he seems pretty laid back on his DVD. It also makes him look a good bloke with the younger guys in the locker room, and the Mercury story makes him sound like one of the best guys you could possibly have in your corner. Might just be we the marks that he has contempt for rather than his peers, family, friends and all the people that actually matter.

I'm sure he's a lovely guy to his friends and family but that doesn't make him a nice guy. Pick and choosing who you're going to be pleasant or cordial to isn't the sign of a nice guy.

Yeah he admits he can be a dick to fans which I know there can be annoying weirdo fans but I still find it weird that he's almost proud of it. Colt Cobana chuckles about "Yeah Punk can be an ass to fans at the airport hahaha". Unless Austin was a dick to him when he went to meet him as a kid and Punk just thinks that's how it should be.

More than that though when I said he doesn't come across well I mean more his constant moaning about being held down and under appreciated, him talking about how he was different from everyone else because he liked comic books and punk and that bollocks about the tattoos.

Edited by digforvictory

• Paid Members

I guess being bumped from the Mania main event for The Miz will leave you bitter.

that bollocks about the tattoos.

I'll let you have that one, if you mean the nauseating bit where he says words to the effect of "I almost feel sorry for people without tattoos because it means they don't care about anything enough" - yeah, that's incredible bollocks.

• Paid Members

Personally, I felt CM Punk came across as a bit of a tube. Although, he won me over when he buried The Miz, who was only ever worth a main event spot when Jerry Lawler carried him for two months. That time when The Miz tried to act like "Stone Cold" Steve Austin when Lesnar's music hit is still one of the most cringe-worthy things I've seen on Raw. Of course, Lesnar followed that up by making The Miz look like he should be doing red carpet interviews for E!

• Paid Members
Miz had a good run from before he won the Money in the Bank to when he dropped the WWE Championship. Gets a bad rap - that was some good stuff.

Miz was a sterling US champ and a good heel, and his MITB win felt like the right time for me, but his title reign itself was a damp squib, outside the heat he generated in his segment with "Angry Miz Girl" at the Slammys, that cracking video package they put together for his Mania entrance, and the match he actually lost it was rewarding, involving three men and a cage. The issue with Cena/Miz for me (ignoring the whole Rock situation for now) is that the extended period of TV between TLC and the Rumble seemed to really set the stall out for a huge Cena/Punk collision with Punk taking over as Nexus leader and some outstanding verbal duels between the two. Despite my interest in WWE having been on the wane, they'd done a good job in making me excited about them building to Mania, which I assumed might have involved Nexus costing Cena the Rumble or something. Come the Rumble they dropped it altogether and just pointed Punk towards Orton and having the cowardly heel Miz nonsensically instigate an issue with Cena. They'd fucked Miz by this point for me via the finishes to his two title defences at TLC and earlier on the Rumble card which in turn were ridiculous and made him look weak. Cena/Miz seemed anti-climactic considering how much I'd been looking forward to Cena/Punk and this was kind of underscored by the fact that the finish to Miz/Orton was designed to make people talk about what Punk had done, rather than Miz retaining. In the weeks that followed we had Miz need to cheat to beat the pensionable commentator Jerry Lawler on Raw, and then at Elimination Chamber we had Punk looking incredibly cunning in his elimination of Orton, which again underlined for me : Punk awesome villain, Miz complete schmuck.

Miz was involved in one of the worst segments I've ever seen on RAW last week when he ran away from The Wyatt Family. Every other babyface would stand and fight, he ran away. He's one of the worst babyfaces I've ever seen too.

Edited by GPW Kristian Zane

Miz was involved in one of the worst segments I've ever seen on RAW last week when he ran away from The Wyatt Family. Every other babyface would stand and fight, he ran away. He's one of the worst babyfaces I've ever seen too.

That sounds insane. Surely the face is supposed to have guts and courage etc.

I caught a clip of RAW or SD the other week during one of the Sky One highlight shows. The Shield seemed to be involved in a handicap match where they were vastly outnumbered by faces. Surely another example of Wrestling Gone Wrong - in my mind it should be the faces up against it in an unfair battle - they win they're the conquering heroes, they lose they showed us that they did their best but never gave up.

I think this certainly deserves its place in the random thoughts because it's random but i feel slightly right about it. Is it only me who thinks that any wrestling promo should be creative and not done in bedroom or in front of a brick wall. I mean really creative and much like the character. Along with that promos shouldn't be filmed on a phone as again to me it just looks like no time or thought was taken into promoting the upcoming event &/or match.

Miz had a good run from before he won the Money in the Bank to when he dropped the WWE Championship. Gets a bad rap - that was some good stuff.

It was. He was by far the best heel in WWE that year. The wheels came off when Rock got involved though and made Miz a background character in his own WrestleMania main event. Let's be honest, if Ice Cream Phil had been in that spot that year as the background champion, he'd have killed himself or others in outrage at the company burying him in his finest hour.

I've always felt that main event should've been Miz vs Cena vs Punk vs Orton. Orton vs Punk/Nexus was one of the most boring, generic feuds they've done between top guys for WrestleMania, so it would've taken the edge off that. And it would've given Miz a something decent to do on those weeks where it was all Rock vs Cena. Although to be fair, Miz DID get a few "ignore Rock and Cena, this is about me" bits.

Punk comes off as bad on his DVD as he does in most instances. Absolute bell-end, he is. I think he comes off best in non-wrestling contexts like when he's knocking about with Chris Hardwick, but that might be down to the novelty factor. It might be down to Chris Hardwick not giving him positive reinforcement for crying about The Miz or The Rock or not being perpetual champion though.

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but has anyone been watching the Cole and HHH sitdown interviews on WWE.com? They've been running every week since the week after Summerslam. Both Trips and Cole have been great in them!

Yeah, I've been loving them. It's a massive shame they aren't being put on TV, they're great.

Blimey, fair play to Hell No and The Shield for legitmately re-establishing the tag belts a bit. I dunno if it was the quality of the reigns or just the longevity with the belts, but WWE.com have done a little picture feature with most of the champs from the last ten years, and in between Jerishow/Showmiz and Hell No, I'd forgotten every fucking one of them. It's a right shower. All I remembered when scrolling through was that time they had Lawler bash Otunga and McGillicutty on air every week BECAUSE they were so shit and forgettable.

• Awards Moderator
I caught a clip of RAW or SD the other week during one of the Sky One highlight shows. The Shield seemed to be involved in a handicap match where they were vastly outnumbered by faces. Surely another example of Wrestling Gone Wrong - in my mind it should be the faces up against it in an unfair battle - they win they're the conquering heroes, they lose they showed us that they did their best but never gave up.

11 on 3, faces against The Shield. Nobody could really understand the logic on that one, Triple H handwaved it away as a punishment but it wasn't convincing. I think they just about got away with it 'cos the match was quite entertaining but it was very atypical booking.

• Paid Members
Blimey, fair play to Hell No and The Shield for legitmately re-establishing the tag belts a bit. I dunno if it was the quality of the reigns or just the longevity with the belts, but WWE.com have done a little picture feature with most of the champs from the last ten years, and in between Jerishow/Showmiz and Hell No, I'd forgotten every fucking one of them. It's a right shower. All I remembered when scrolling through was that time they had Lawler bash Otunga and McGillicutty on air every week BECAUSE they were so shit and forgettable.

Agreed. How easy is it to forget that Truth & Kofi were tag team champions together?