Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Does anyone know what the WWE office in Hammersmith is for? European market or UK marketing maybe? I've worked in marketing and I'm just curious is all.

Yeah I'm sure it is (or at least was) WWE's EMEA. The WWE website advertises London jobs from time to time. Check it out as the descriptive role profile's give a good picture of what goes on, and you might even find yourself tempted to apply for a job!

2 autographs, a photo and the event itself is a really good deal in my opinion. Gonna book tickets later, just hope the show does actually go ahead.

In regards to the Hammersmith office, My mate is a binman for Hammersmith Council and several years back, found loads of massive canvas posters for WWE ppvs that the office was chucking out. He picked them up for me which was pretty cool.

preferred to negotiate individually, no doubt looking to get each man for as little as possible.

That's the only bit that doesn't sound right. WCW is notorious for paying wrestlers more than they could even conceive of asking for.

preferred to negotiate individually, no doubt looking to get each man for as little as possible.

That's the only bit that doesn't sound right. WCW is notorious for paying wrestlers more than they could even conceive of asking for.

I remember thinking that, then I read someone like Kidman was on a $20,000 a year contract or something as ridiculous. Bear in mind at one point I'm sure he was feuding with Hogan.

• Moderators

Depends on who it was. Your Lizmark Jrs of the world weren't rolling in it, and I think WCW stopped them doing shots South of the Border after a while as well.

What a lovely bloke Lex Luger seems these days. Just watched his 93 Timeline shoot and his enthusiasm for everything is infectious (if slightly maniacal). Great to see (and read in that PS interview) how things have so massively turned round for him.

• Paid Members

Anyone remember when Michael Cole used to say every single move was "high & tight"?

Submissions were put on "high & tight", clotheslines were "high & tight", and you ALWAYS "landed high & tight" off a German suplex.

Never made the slightest bit of sense to me, as AFAIK "high & tight" can mean two things - a) a US military hairstyle, or b) a way to hold an American football.

I know many people still aren't that taken by him, but he's a million miles better than when he was spouting that nonsense, particularly when coupled with "pound & ground" - a style synonymous with rapper John Cena, I believe.

• Paid Members
I know many people still aren't that taken by him, but he's a million miles better than when he was spouting that nonsense, particularly when coupled with "pound & ground" - a style synonymous with rapper John Cena, I believe.

Was that the same time Taz was boring everyone to death with everything being "off the hook/chain" and trying to establish "rocketbuster" as his answer to "slobberknocker"? He was partial to "Wolverine's got wings!!" during every Benoit match too. Dark days.

To be fair to Tazz, that was 2002 when he began full time commentary on Smackdown. He improved considerably over the next few years (although I've heard he's regressed a fair amount in TNA on account of not giving a fuck anymore).

Michael Cole, on the other hand, had been doing WWE commentary since at least 1999, it took him a shitload of time to get to his now halfway decent state. That said, it's not hard to sound good compared to 2013 Lawler and JBL.