Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

a Strictly rip off hosted by Fandando where Khali, Hornswaggle, Boogeyman, Minitaur, Santino, Ric Flair, Jim Duggan and whoever else compete in a one night dance contest judged by Roddy Piper, Mean Gene and Austin.

I need this on my TV.

Looks like Konnan is pretty desperate to bring in JR to call AAA shows when (if?) they get their show up and running in the US. I'm in two minds about that one. As much as JR doesn't seem to fit the product at all well I guess he's the only credible US announcer you could bring on board. Plus I'm sure JR and Konnan calling the action would be a laugh, can't see them two clicking in the slightest.

• Paid Members

I think AJ Styles is going to be working for AAA. Konnan said he was bringing in someone from TNA in a short while but "cant say who" on his podcast. And today, Meltzer was saying TNA are doing "what should have been done with CM Punk" in 2011 (lol). So everyone assumes they are going to send him out to AAA and show up on Bellator and Mutoh's promotion and go to shit indies and stuff like that.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I think AJ Styles is going to be working for AAA. Konnan said he was bringing in someone from TNA in a short while but "cant say who" on his podcast. And today, Meltzer was saying TNA are doing "what should have been done with CM Punk" in 2011 (lol). So everyone assumes they are going to send him out to AAA and show up on Bellator and Mutoh's promotion and take the belt to shit indies and stuff like that.

By all accounts he'll be working in Japan and Mexico with the belt.

He was never going to risk offending anyone and sacrificing his multi multi million dollar movie career.

His awkward "He's a cool dude" stuff after the Justin Beiber being at Wrestlemania rumors was cringe worthy. Just fucking awful and you could tell he was desperate not to upset people in the entertainment industry.

His return(s) served its purpose imo.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

The worry would be that AJ Styles gets injured by 'Indie Shit Arse #1' and what TNA are left with is an injured AJ Styles, no champion and an indie shitarse promoting himself as the man who put out the TNA world champion.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Just worked out that that's a massive BFG spoiler.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

I exaggerated for effect, but what difference does it make if he hurts himself wrestling 'indie shitarse who doesn't work for TNA' or 'indie darling who doesn't work for TNA'?

I don't really like the idea of carting out a wrestler to other promotions for the sake of an angle, the risks well outweigh the positives.

Though I was working off the assumption that he was exclusive to TNA. If he could work those dates anyway, then yeah whatever.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

What's the latest with the AAA / USA situation? I remember hearing of the 'hope' for this to happen a while back but haven't come across any news since.

Is it still a case of a Konnan pipe dream or is this anywhere close to going ahead? If so, what other non AAA names has Konnan mentioned if any?

In other news, Todd Gordon came to me in a dream last night and asked me to get involved with the recreation of Wrestlemania 1.

Only after waking up, I realised that i had another dream just before hand in which the world was destroyed, much like at the beginning of Terminator 2.

It's lovely to know that once the world does implode via angry robots, Todd and myself will put things right with a rendition of Wrestlemania 1. You are all very welcome.

Feel free to inform me /us with card suggestions... Obviously it will depend up on survivors.

• Paid Members

AAA supposedly have a deal to be on an upcoming US TV network that will broadcast in both English and Spanish. The theory is they'll use that to promote house shows in the US but they've been saying that for most of the past 20 years.

Had a random thought for the dumb ideas category. When ECW started on Sci-Fi and they had the Zombie, the deal should have been that if the Zombie wins a match, his opponent becomes a Zombie (heel) as well. If a Zombie wrestler loses, he's killed (released from his contract.) Whenever the Zombies look like taking over, the remaining human wrestlers (babyfaces) can get support by coming across new survivors (debuting developmental talent.)

Bit more on the AAA deal, they've apparently done a deal with a new network called El Rey that's meant to start by the end of this year, supposedly AAA will start airing on that network by March. Earlier i nthe year AAA suggested the ywere doing a brand split which seemed to be setting up for the El Ray deal but since then that hasn't been mentioned so fuck knows what the deal is there. Meltzer says they haven't looked at bringing in any US names.

The deal does look like it might actually happen this time.

He wouldn't be working against shit wrestlers. AJ worked with Noam Dar over here not to long ago. Its not like he's exclusive to TNA. He's worked in Japan, Mexico and UK and US indies loads. Shit wrestlers dont tend to work names.

I hope his psychology has improved since the last time I watched otherwise your point isn't massively valid. I can't stand his work, he looked looked like a twelve year old.