Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
Just having a think here in the office as it's a slow day. I know I'm going to get shot down for this, but oh well here goes. If they bring Sting in for Wrestlemania howabout having him tag with the Undertaker (against the Wyatts, Shield) and then have Sting lose the match for him and the Undertaker. 'Taker gets mad beats on Sting, and it sets up a 1 on 1 match at a future PPV. This way Undertaker can say he's never been pinned at WM (streak technically still intact) and there's the possibility of a future PPV getting a big, big rating. I guess all it comes down to is if Sting comes in will he be willing to lie down for someone?

It's too late to turn Taker heel.

• Paid Members
If they bring Sting in for Wrestlemania howabout having him tag with the Undertaker (against the Wyatts, Shield) and then have Sting lose the match for him and the Undertaker.

You don't bring in a guy like Sting to have him turn his toes up for mid-carders in his first big match. Well, you might want to, but he wouldn't do that in a million years.

This way Undertaker can say he's never been pinned at WM (streak technically still intact)

So, should he do another 'Mania, they'll say what exactly? "He's 21 and 0.... technically... at WrestleMania!" That's far worse than beating Sting. "21-0" "22-0" or "never lost at WrestleMania" sounds great. "Never pinned" or "never lost in singles" dilutes it tremendously. And unnecessarily.

the tag match idea is fine

Apart from having midcarders beat Sting. I don't buy him having a chance in hell of beating Undertaker if he gets beat by the Wyatts or the Shield in a tag match. If you want to use the Wyatts or the Shield to set up Sting vs Taker, it's only because they blame each other for losing a six-man in which Truth, Kofi or Santino get pinned, thanks.

So watching Raw and Shawn Michaels comes down to the ring and the on screen graphic tells us that "Sexy Boy" is available on iTunes. This got me thinking back to the early/mid 90's and how if I wanted a copy of a wrestlers theme music back then I would record the wrestling from the German station DSF and take the audio from the ring entrances. For some reason they never commentated over it. Sure, you would have the crowd noise and the ring announcer but I had tapes full of the stuff and it was good enough for me.

Kids these days have no idea.

So watching Raw and Shawn Michaels comes down to the ring and the on screen graphic tells us that "Sexy Boy" is available on iTunes. This got me thinking back to the early/mid 90's and how if I wanted a copy of a wrestlers theme music back then I would record the wrestling from the German station DSF and take the audio from the ring entrances. For some reason they never commentated over it. Sure, you would have the crowd noise and the ring announcer but I had tapes full of the stuff and it was good enough for me.

Kids these days have no idea.

I remember downloading the Midi themes :-(

I know the year isn't out yet, but has there ever been a better year in WWE for free TV matches? There rarely seems to be a week go by these days where we don't get something awesome on at least one of Raw, Smackdown, NXT or Main Event. There have been years where one show has had a real hot streak, but all four of the "main" shows seem to regularly put out some really good stuff.

What was your favourite from that spell Cleets? Toothy McMurderface is all over those great matches though, isn't he. Without much thought, him and Edge beating Evolution for the tag belts (is that right?), him vs HBK and the Iron Man Match with HHH were all corkers, but they're not ones I particularly enjoy now. I do recall 2004 as the year HHH started to become a good wrestler again though, so I'm probably forgetting loads.

Did Christian and Jericho have a really good cage match (for two Mr Averages like those two jerks) too or have I made that up?

Early 2004 Raw was great, lots of Evolution tags and the like. They did an eight man on Raw around WrestleMania time which was loaded with talent, and there were a couple of Benoit vs Michaels matches that were real choice too. I swear they made a big deal of Tajiri early on in the year too, pretty sure he had a match with HHH that was lots of fun, and ended up with Trips doing wacky backstage skits whilst blinded by the green mist.

Going back to my original point, this week on TV we've had an eight man with The Shield and Orton vs DB/Goldy/Cody/Big-E, Goldust vs Rollins, Ambrose vs Bryan and The Shield vs The Usos - all bloody good. Not quite on that level, but there was also Neville vs Graves, Sandow vs Ziggler, Ziggler vs Orton and a really fun (if very short) Wyatts vs Usos tag. When they get to releasing the "Best of Raw and Smackdown 2013" blu ray, it's really going to be worth watching (even if it won't have all the amazing stuff we got in the early part of the year on Main Event).

Digitalspy is full of great comments on wrestling articles. Today's wowzer is:

I've been a fan for over 20 years. John Cena is one of the worst main eventers i've seen in a wrestling sense.

Ouch.

Also, when somebody tells him "its not Cena's fault he's booked that way" the guy responds with this:

I've watched wrestling longer than you've probably been alive. So i know ALOT more than you. I remember the original ECW, WCW and quality wrestling from Japan.

Serve!

Edited by Vamp