Jump to content

Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

The stadium for that Footbrawl thing is the one they used for several shows in the 80s including the first two (non-televised) King of the Rings. They did about 20,000 paid in 1985 and 12,000 in 1986, so it's surprising it wasn't viable in 1998.

Posted

Where does Shane Douglas rank in the history of pro wrestling in the UKFF's opinion? In Shane's mind I'm sure he'd place himself first above Hogan, Samartino, Flair & Thez, but I only ever knew him as the wee fat guy in WCW.

 

The Dean Douglas character sucked ass by all accounts, but was he fuckin great in ECW? If so, was it his promo work or his in ring ability?

Posted
His promos were good at the time in ECW, but I don't seem to remember him having any good matches.

Cool, yeah I've heard 'the Franchise' gimmick totally got over (Captain of the football team who steals your girlfriend).

  • Paid Members
Posted

I've always thought he was a useless mealy-mouthed tosspot with nothing to offer. You should love him, then.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

The day I lost my virginity, Shane Douglas was sick on Raven in an NWA TNA match. It was almost as if he was watching.

 

Also, he looks like Eddie Izzard and Norman Pace.

nashandpace.jpg

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay
  • Paid Members
Posted

When I first started watching ECW around the age of 12/13 and was under that impression most kids were that "everything else is fake, but ECW is real", Shane Douglas was the only act on the cards I would skip through. He was boring, even to a 13 year old who thought they were really fighting.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Really? It was a pretty common thing round here, like the reverse of Grandads thinking World of Sport was still real.

Edited by FelatioLips
Posted (edited)

Yeah, I've never heard of it before. Outside of certain instances (like my div mate thinking Matt Hardy attacking Edge from the crowd in 2005 was a shoot), I haven't known of anyone hitting secondary school age and believing any modern pro wrestling was real. I can't understand how it happened in this case. Wasn't it long dead by the time you were 12-13, so you'd have been watching old tapes of ECW featuring a fair few guys you'd also seen in WWE?

Edited by King Pitcos
  • Paid Members
Posted

When I was young we just thought ECW was fat old mentals that Vince wouldn't let in the WWF. We believed Lawler when he told it was Extremely Crappy Wrestling and repeated it often. 9 year old kids thought Jerry Lawler was hilarious.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Are there many more random moments in WWE history than Diesel, unprovoked, dragging Mad Dog Vachon out of the front row at Good Friends, Better Enemies and then pulling his false leg off to twat HBK with? A tremendously surreal confirmation of a heel turn right there.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...