Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
I would have loved it if he'd just come back and been The Rock, and not the Twitter-obsessed dickhead that kept banging on about "Boots To Asses" and "trending worldwide." Fuck off.

"When I say WRESTLE you say MANIA!"

I'm not sure being The Rock would have helped much. That act's just tired and has been for a hell of a long time.

Very much in agreement with this, and Felatiolips' post. The Rock is just cringeworthy a decade and a half on. In 2004, I bought and watched his first few DVDs, and his 99-2002 baby face run struck me as crap and I was just thinking "I used to like THAT?" even then. Because it tried so hard to be "mature" content but was so puerile, it ages a lot worse than Hogan and Warrior's coked up rants for kids. The Rock's stuff hits the spot for remedials and those less than five years pubed but if you're not in either category, you'd want to mostly stick to his corporation and Hollywood phases.

Its a shame he couldn't come in as a heel.

I don't agree with that though. As much as phoney Dwayne's routine works much better as a heel for me, they'd have been mad to do it. Wrestling's fan base is full of remedials and kids going through puberty. For that audience, Kung Pow Bitch, #ladyparts and threatening to shove an Oompah Loompah up Triple H's arse are all great lines. And on a selfish note, Rock being a heel would've made Cena outclassing him for two years less satisfying.

Edited by King Pitcos

....when in the past they gotten to so many shady deeds like the Montreal screw job...

I don't think Montreal it was shady. Bret was so unprofessional that he backed Vince into a corner. I fuckin LOVE Bret, but he acted like a fuckin child throughout that whole affair. I would have made the same business decision. Plus it was such a great turning-point in the industry contributing towards the golden era.

• Paid Members
....when in the past they gotten to so many shady deeds like the Montreal screw job...

I don't think Montreal it was shady. Bret was so unprofessional that he backed Vince into a corner. I fuckin LOVE Bret, but he acted like a fuckin child throughout that whole affair. I would have made the same business decision. Plus it was such a great turning-point in the industry contributing towards the golden era.

Why the fuck are you replying to a post off a year ago?

• Awards Moderator

Why the fuck are you replying to a post off a year ago?

Why the fuck not? There's no moratorium on the Screwjob (nor ever will be, it seems).

• Paid Members

A song called "Something Gone Wrong". He's fucking great. He pisses on Mickie James and Chris Jericho from a great height vocally. And he's the Road Dogg, so he's the got charisma of 10 men. Shocked they didn't release an album with him. They'd have been all over that now. I remember when Jericho power bombed him and put him out of action in 99, they were reporting the reason he took time off was because he was laying down some tracks for an album. They must still have all that in the archives. When he was the Real Double J, I imagine they recorded all sorts on the off chance the gimmick took off.

He's in here somewhere.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x85zwh_ww...ards-pt-5_sport

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Yay, I'll never get tired of arguing this one, it's great.

Bret was so unprofessional that he backed Vince into a corner.

One man had a legal right due to a clause in a contract that both men agreed on and signed. The other man reneged on that clause. Who exactly is the unprofessional one?

I'll spare you the laundry list of men to whom, and dates on which, Hitman was prepared to lose the belt. Just not those two nights. He could have taken the money and ran twelve months earlier, but he stayed, in return to certain concessions. One of which being the creative control element, which he didn't exercise that often. I believe getting Hunter beating him on Raw changed to count-out being one, and not fancying taking the pin in a six-man in the Detroit house show the week before Survivors (by which point he was leaving anyway) being another. I wish he had taken the money and gone to play with Hulk a year earlier, considering that clause he wanted may as well have been written in advocaat on the back of a beermat.

I would to see the Boogyman back. Loved the character.

I would as well. They couldn't just throw him into the long rematch cycle either because he'd be useless at going fifteen with Axel every other show, so they'd have to use him more creatively and he wouldn't have his value degraded constantly like nearly everyone else does.

• Paid Members

I imagine Boogey would find the little bull quite appealing. There's something they could do with them two for sure. I think they should have a division, where every loony hangs around. Say the 1:45 in the morning slot (our time). After the promo and after the first match on Raw, you can have Boogeyman, the bull, Santino, Hornswoggle, Khali and that lot. You might here people slagging it, but people lap that up.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Can the division have 24/7 rules and rehash some of of the old hardcore division gimmicks? I want to see that lot mucking about in a ball pit. No actual weapons preferably.

And, obviously, do a Strictly rip off hosted by Fandando where Khali, Hornswaggle, Boogeyman, Minitaur, Santino, Ric Flair, Jim Duggan and whoever else compete in a one night dance contest judged by Roddy Piper, Mean Gene and Austin.

Edited by Vamp

I was watching the ECW segment with Boogey where he came about and shoved worms in Matt Strikers mouth after Striker had his Birthday cake shoved in his face by Piper. Great little segment. Boogey shouldn't be wrestling, just someone that turns up every now and then, especially when they have alrwady been beaten or humiliated. It would have worked well on Smackdown this week, Maddox being knocked out and just as he's coming round, Boogeymans music hits and things go from bad to worse for Maddox. Boogey then returns to the bottomless pit for a few weeks.