Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

I think i'm on my own here, but I really like the current tag belts. I think them bronze is pretty apt in regards to them being the third biggest belts you can win. If you want the big gold ones, you gotta work a little harder.

?

I just like those old ones too much... They have THE WORLD on them!

Yeah but the current ones look like when you used to put a 2p on the railway line when you were a kid!!!

• Paid Members
On the subject, how many times have the tag belts been defended in the main event of a PPV? There was ShowMiz Vs DX at TLC a few years back and I think Diesel/HBK Vs Owen Bulldog, but am I missing any?

I think Triple H and Steve Austin may defended them against The Brothers of Destruction.

Austin and Undertaker vs Mankind and Kane also, Fully Loaded '98.

I believe you have them all, except the slight detail that the first Double Header was Shawn & Diesel vs Bulldog and Yokozuna, defending Yoko & Owen's tag belts due to Owen's "mysterious absence" although you'll remember he sprinted down at the end, just in time to get pinned. Popular result though it was, the finish made no sense. Earl counting a pin on someone that wasn't in the match is more a WCW '99 finish than 1995 WWF.

I say "first" Double Header because Stone Cold and Trips also defended the WWF and Intercontinental titles respectively in the match they won the tag team titles from Undertaker and Kane at Backlash 2001. A cool concept that elevates the tag team title to the top spot.

I have a minor hard-on for matches where two massive singles stars try and win the tag belts from the incumbent heel champions - Ultimate Maniacs against Money Inc from SNME in Nov' 92, Shawn & Sid against Owen & Bulldog prior to Survivors '96. Although, I always find it illogical however when the thrown-together lads actually win against guys that have been teaming night in, night out, like when Cena & Big Dave beat Simply Priceless or Cena & Miz beat (IIRC) the Nexus lads. There is an exception however, the massive pop from Shawn & Austin ending the lengthy reign of Owen & Smithers (on Shawn's first night back) on that May '97 Raw in a chaotic match was right place, right time, and a more fun end to the Harts' reign than the predictable loss to LOD.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

The latest on Sting (according to the Pollock and Bauer podcast) is that apparently Triple H has been in charge of all Sting content that goes through WWE. Whatever goes through their website or their TV its all approved by him. The Sting situation is very similar to the Bruno stuff last year it seems. Its no secret that Triple H is the one behind trying to get Sting to WWE, but I wonder if HHH has his eye on a match with Sting at WrestleMania. Everyone is talking about Undertaker vs Sting, but Triple H is a Sting fan and was a huge fan of Mid-atlantic and late 80s and early 90s NWA/WCW. And Triple H wanted to wrestle Sting at WrestleMania 19 and it fell through.

You could always explain away the reason Sting never signed with WWE in the last decade as Triple H and Stephanie stopping him to coming in for the last decade or some shit, and have Vince make the call to bring Sting to the promotion (if Vince is a babyface by then) to give HHH a slapping. I imagine they'd want to tell people why Sting never joined WWE. I'm not feeling a Sting vs Undertaker match. I think the pressure on Sting would be massive, because Undertaker needs to be knocking out the big matches at this stage of the game. And I dont think Sting has it in him. Sting can have good matches, but Undertaker's game doesn't suit him for me. A very good smoke and mirrors bout 3rd on the card against Triple H would be much better than trying to match up to Michaels, HHH and Punk for years previous.

Triple H wanted to wrestle Sting at WrestleMania 19 and it fell through.

Not calling you a liar but I've never heard of that.

My dad sometimes watches wwe on TV. He use to around 1997 love wrestling, he came to rebellion 99 and one night only with us.

He reckons triple h vs undertaker 3 is gonna happen. He thinks undertaker will come back and tell triple h he has to take him out as the COO before he ruins wwe. It won't happen, I him bet

• Paid Members
Not calling you a liar but I've never heard of that.

Common knowledge to anyone who followed wrestling at the time. Sting and WWE were talking through the summer of 2002 and most expected him to join WWE for WrestleMania. And Triple H was the logical opponent, since he had the World title, had Ric Flair as his manager, was leading a 4 Horsemen-esque group at the time and was the lead heel in the promotion.

It won't happen, I him bet
Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Regarding the Jindrak in "Evolution" pic a few pages back, I'm sure they also filmed a few with Maven in the Batista role too. I remember Meltzer mentioning this.

P.S. Jindrak was really quite tall, wasn't he?

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Moderators
I didn't even know this happened! Evolution vignettes were filmed with Mark Jindrak in the role of Batista. Triple H told the story in a strange burial of Jindrak on his DVD extras. Triple H asked them to shoot the vignettes both with and without Jindrak because he didn't want to re-shoot them a month later when Jindrak was out of the group.

256fubl.jpg

He was right in fairness. Jindrak looks like he's going to a wedding in that suit.

Jindrak is:

A) Far too tall compared to the rest, which was always going to go against him

B) Looks like Kane.

Mark Jindrak is one handsome bastard with a great look. But not with long hair. Really doesn't work for him.

Edited by PowerButchi