Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Oh my word, read this shit.

"They talk to me...

And now these voices have finally gone silent!

As many of you know, Randy Orton has been one of the biggest thorns in my meet and greet life.

For years I have Met him in at least five different states only to be blown off by him time and time again. On more than one occasion I even stood right by his car as he would enter the passenger seat telling me no.

To add salt to the injuries, every time I would not Meet, I would hear reports (and see pics) of Orton actually signing!

Then he was announced for an auto show 1h from where I live.

January 28, 2010 was the date.

I decide to dedicate this day entirely to Randy Orton. So on the evening of January 27 I cleansed my mind of all other worries and concerns, and I made sure I had absolutely nothing else besides Randal that was happening the 28th. I had one goal for the 28th and that was to Virgilize him as much as possible.

But of course, he was coming in my back yard, the auto show just wasn't good enough. While I was guaranteed an auto I also wanted that damn photo op. I could not let Randal leave DC without a damn photo op! Not to mention the fact that the auto show only allows one item per person.

So I managed to get his incoming hippo as an added backup.

Whilst waiting at the hippo, there were also 3 paparazzi, 2 of which work for TMZ.

Orton comes out, and you instantly see angry faced Randy Orton. One guy is snapping photos while two others are filming him. He ignored my request for a photo op at that point.

He enters the bathroom. Then he comes out and I beg. At this point I do manage to get a great photo op while he was walking! Oh it's real!

img3832v.jpg

Then he goes for his luggage. After he gets for his luggage I whip out a photofile and politely ask him to sign it.

In what felt like something just one step short of Savage pulling a Virgil at LOTRX, here I was in a Meeting environment with Randy Orton signing my item!!

I simply couldn't believe it! I felt like I was in an alternate universe!

BUT I have proof of that! Here's the photo:

img3837o.jpg

For those wondering what happened between Orton and TMZ, there is actually video footage of that. Not only that but I actually appear in the background of that video which officially marks my TMZ debut!!! How Cool is That??

To view the video go to http://www.tmz.com/videos and click on Orton's picture. It's titled "WWE Boys Don't Get in Trouble".

So I had my cumbo done! But again, my goal was to Virgilize him as much as possible. One cumbo, whilst great did not qualify as Virgilization for someone like Randy Orton.

I head over to the car show around 3pm. The line, whilst long at that point was not as long as I would have imagined. Though after 5pm it did become mega huge.

Once there I also met a friend of mine who isn't a wrestling fan. He also stood in line for me and he was my ticket to an extra Orton autograph. So in addition to my cumbo I essentially have two extras guaranteed.

I keep my friend in line and while scanning the line I meet up with Big Chad who was awesome enough to allow me to mooch a spot with him. This put me further to the front while my friend stayed in the original spot.

While in line I chatted with Big Chad and other people I know. I also met up with my officially designated photographer for the K&S and LOTR superticket lines, Dave.

Dave is always awesome to see. Among other things he actually told me he saw Orton 15 times and had nothing to show for it. That's definitely more times than me! So I wasn't the only one always turned down by Orton.

While killing time waiting for Orton, more people actually saw my infamous Virgil picture, a couple of which were female. It made a few jaws drop.

A guy in a Captain Planet suit visited wrestling fans. Got a photo op: http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/7396/1015522.jpg

Then Orton finally arrives, and teenage girls begin screaming.

Finally it's my turn to meet Orton, which depending how you look at things, is now either the second time or the Virgilth time.

I was hoping he wouldn't remember me from earlier, thankfully he didn't. He was actually being nice which was a shocker. Not as nice and Arn and Dean in a paid setting, but very nice and polite and didn't rush you.

I got him to sign my AD Batista/Orton which I got Batista to sign in 2005 and which I have been carrying with me across 5 states for the past few years. Now I can finally get some sort of case to seal it in and display it and marvel at the fact that I finally got Orton on it!

As a bonus, I also got an over the table photo op with Orton. His tattoos show and no sun glasses. Here's the photo: http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7709/1015528.jpg

Then there was someone else in line with no item. I asked if he would get my WWE_E signed for $10 and he agreed. So with multiple photo ops and two autos, I was guaranteed two more autos! They both go through the line, and I got the mag and the WWE_E signed.

With four autos and multiple photo ops, I finally declared Randy Orton Virgilized! It felt so good I went to the back of the line and gloated!

Here you can see all I got signed by Orton: http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/9310/1015529.jpg

With all that, I will now never go out of my way for Randal again. For instance, I knew which hippo he was taking to leave DC, but I very happily sat it out. If I'm Meeting WWE and I see him again and he decides to sign, I will have a couple of cards ready. But if he decides to be his usual self it will not affect me in any way.

Back to the big line, they were actually going to cut it off, but people were getting REALLY pissed off. One guy was outraged and was gonna beat up somebody saying he was waiting with his kids for 3 hours and the security guy had to stand in front of him. He told the security guy he paid $20 to enter just for this and is not leaving empty handed and that he would have to come with him to get his $20 refund. He REALLY looked like he was gonna beat up somebody I wish I had footage. BUT Orton shocked me and stayed overtime!

Shortly later me and my friend left the auto show and we went to a (relatively) normal club. This wasn't planned but he said he was going and since I was in the city I figured might as well tag along.

At the club, there was a dance floor, there were hot girls, but all I really did most of the night was simply hold up my camera and look at my Randy Orton photo op for long periods"

Its no wonder some wrestlers dont want to speak to fans. Some absolute fucking weirdos out there.

What a fucking cunt. I bet wrestlers long for the days when they could smack the shit out of fans and get away with it. Actually, Jericho did it a few years back.

• Moderators

Fucking mental! Where did you find that?

It's clear from the post that these freaks have their own little subculture even within wrestling fans.. fascinating and terrifying.

Also, do you know what his Virgil photo was? Or better yet, have a link / copy?

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
And let's not forget putting the boots to Swagger and Cesaro for calling themselves Real Americans. That'll probably happen.

I think that's probably the best use of Hogan at WrestleMania 30. Hosting and giving those two a pasting when they interrupt him/he interrupts them.

I'm all for this, so long as they don't use the term "hosting". It sounds lame, to me. Particularly when given as a role for the biggest star in the history of the business.

If they're going to do it, give him a role which gives him full control of the show (in kayfabe, obviously) and a title to match. Like a GM for Wrestlemania, but with a snappy title.

If they're going to head down the Vince vs. Hunter/Steph power struggle route leading to Mania, have them appear to be fucking around with cards that are less important (changing the matches each other have made on the fly on Raw & Smackdown, maybe even stretch to changing a participant or two in the Elimination Chamber on the night) until Linda/a representative of the "board of directors" announces they can't risk them fucking up Wrestlemania 30 so they've found someone to oversee that show and the run-up to it, with total control over all aspects of the production, and bring out the Hulkster.

If they don't do the power struggle, just do virtually exactly the same thing but with all 3 on the heel side, just the board feeling they're putting personal vendettas ahead of the biggest show ever, which they can't financially afford. That way, you could do nice angles like, for example, Hogan giving Daniel Bryan a revenge match against Hunter etc. etc.