Jump to content

Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*


Recommended Posts

Posted
Hogan-Flair happened at Uncensored 1999 and 2000, albeit with different stips. It's notable because the 1999 event did around 277,000 buys and the 2000 event with the same main event had somewhere around 50,000.

 

I know I'm stating the obvious but that is fucking mental, it's easy to forget how fast WCW tanked

 

Of course, in the interim WCW had what, two creative regime changes (Bisch Era,Russo/Ferrera and we were in the interim "Sullivan caretaker era")

  • Paid Members
Posted
Bret Hart vs Yokozuna at WM9 & WM10 in the main. Don't think they faced each other in between either.

 

Not on pay per view, but there is a Coliseum Video steel cage match.

Posted
Bret Hart vs Yokozuna at WM9 & WM10 in the main. Don't think they faced each other in between either.

 

Not on pay per view, but there is a Coliseum Video steel cage match.

 

Survivor Series Showdown 1993 also.

Posted

Some of the ones right at the end of the album, from around 92-93, are really nice shots. Missy looks fantastic in them too, no wonder so many people stuck one up her back in the day.

  • Paid Members
Posted

 

tumblr_mtlnlpx0uH1svsahho1_500.jpg

 

Wonderful day in the rich history of Our Great Sport. Heartbreaking we'll never know what a classic Steiner & Bagwell vs Steiner & Bagwell would have been.

 

Although I'd be lying if I said my favourites weren't the ones with Fyre in, including one which I would caption "small boy's first erection."

Posted

Scott Hall's been posting videos of Cody's matches on Youtube. Given his connections, I don't know if it matters, but Cody is definitely not ready to put matches online yet. He's really bad still. Can't do moves right, looks sloppy and dangerous. And I don't know if this is a common thing in indie wrestling, but one match was announced as having a ten minute time limit and lasted about eleven and a half minutes. They might have been using the dodgy Royal Rumble stopwatch.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I was listening to a PWTorch interview with X-Pac and he says he's been trying to tell Scott to send him to WWE's developmental system. Because WWE would sign him. But Scott's wants him to learn "the right way", even though X-Pac has told him that isn't the way things are done anymore. X-Pac sounded bummed out by the idea of Scott Hall not sending him to developmental right now. Almost like X-Pac knows doing shit indy shows against utter rotten opponents in squash matches isn't doing him any good. Cody's only had about 11 matches, according to Scott. All of Cody's matches are on youtube. He's bound to be shit at this stage. But he's big, young and they love second generation wrestlers. They would take him tomorrow if they put a call in. He's 6'7 and pretty built. He'd do well in developmental.

 

I hate that Scott's making him wear his old nWo tights. It just doesn't look right on him. And I think Scott has his heart set on managing him in WWE. Which I dont know if thats ever going to happen. It would be cool if it did. He's still got the charisma of 1000 men. But you get a sense he wants to be around his son. Especially after years of not really speaking to him.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...