NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Pat McAfee is everything that Gronkowski wishes he was. He seems so natural.

Also, Gargano was very lucky not to be seriously injured after landing on his neck.

Edited by Nick James

McAfee promo really good, put himself and Cole over, I know that shouldn't be unusual but could've been "I'm a real sport star and you're a fake midget wrestler" 

Is Dream a heel? Odd that the crowd were booing him but hasn't turned heel (other than in real life), he should evolve his character to be more of a Dennis Rodman type instead which I think he kinda has.

Ridge is solid and a good prospect

Great video package for Kross vs Lee

Weird that despite both being healthy that Balor and Ciampa don't have a match at 30th takeover, good they're pushing new faces but still.

Was that even supposed to be a powerslam? My first thought was he'd try to do a Spanish Fly and then I thought it was supposed to be an exploder. If it was a powerslam that'd be the second time a green lunk in NXT nearly crippled someone with it. Riddick Moss half murdered Kenta with one a few years ago.

It was fucking awful whatever it was.

Edited by BrodyGraham

• Paid Members

Pat McAfee continues to completely expose them. You’re far more effective if you come in as a fan and just act the dickhead emulating promos you grew up with than you are spending literally years in the developmental system getting the weird dialect and cadence drilled into you.

What a sorry state of affairs that Pat chucking the microphone felt so revolutionary!

I don’t know how the match will deliver but Cole vs. McAfee is my most anticipated match of the weekend by miles.

He also hasn't spent years being told he has to talk a certain way or else he'll lose his job. Plus he's a real sports guy, so the agents are probably giddy over him and letting him do what he likes while treating their actual wrestling employees with contempt for 'only' being wrestlers. The PC produces Terry Taylors.

• Paid Members

Yep. Further evidence that they need to be scouting for more sports guys who don’t give a fuck about wrestling and less of these life-long fans. I’d imagine most of that roster would refuse to throw a microphone out of respect for da biz.

18 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Yep. Further evidence that they need to be scouting for more sports guys who don’t give a fuck about wrestling and less of these life-long fans. I’d imagine most of that roster would refuse to throw a microphone out of respect for da biz.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong and it's a little tongue-in-cheek, but isn't Pat a big time fan? He did some kind of wrestling match/angle all the way back in 2009 according to his Wiki. I like the idea of bringing in outside guys who have made their money and don't need WWE, but are doing it for the fun of it because they like wrestling. Stephen Amell and Ronda Rousey are two celebs/athletes that took to it like a duck to water, and I feel like McAfee is in that mold too.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

I don’t know how the match will deliver but Cole vs. McAfee is my most anticipated match of the weekend by miles.

this and Dominic vs. Rollins for me, and largely for the same reasons - matches where I genuinely don't really know what's going to happen, featuring people who aren't just identikit WWE Performers.

• Paid Members

I thought Cole did really well last night. I get that people joke about his size but I think his mannerisms and then taking out the security did add something to it. It's almost like he was going "you might be a big guy but I've been fighting for years, don't underestimate me" especially as the security was bigger than him too and he didn't use the UE to help. 

It's gonna be interesting to watch for sure. Just not sure if I'll watch this live or AEW, may just have to sleep all day Saturday and plow through one then the other.