NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

I've enjoyed what they've done with Santos Escobar so far.

Having him show up under his old name as an honourable luchador babyface, presenting him as unable to speak English and winning the belt fair & square, THEN having him remove the mask, turn heel & cut promos in very good English has been much preferable than just bringing him in as an unmasked heel from day 1.

I like his little lucha mafia too (despite the dodgy abduction beginning to the angle) and I'm glad they're playing up that he's showing great disrespect to the culture by willingly removing the mask.

Actually really enjoyed that show. Thought everything was pretty decent, even if the women were a bit sloppy in places in the opener.

It's nice to have so many clearly defined characters and feuds going on at the moment.

Plus Asuka dancing to Io's music. I'm good with that.

Agreed on the above - Sasha and Bayley are fantastic in their current heel roles. I don't want it to end.

• Paid Members

I could watch Thatcher beat the shit out of people all day long. Im not usually one to like the mat based matched, but Thatcher is such a believable hard man, hes great. Made Lorcan look like a poor mans Thatcher, rather than the other way round. 

Whatever happened to Chelsea Green? She was getting a good push, then she dropped Robert Stone and disappeared. Shame. Speaking of Stone, he had a good outing as a comedy manager, very Heenan-esque and made Ripley look great. Just could have done without Aaliyah getting a lot of heat on her. 

Good surprise for an Asuka sighting in NXT, however i dont like the fact that Shirai is pretty much all out babyface now, she had a good heel character going. 

The Great American Bash theme was wasted, there wasn't much difference other than a couple of cars. 

53 minutes ago, Nick James said:

I could watch Thatcher beat the shit out of people all day long. Im not usually one to like the mat based matched, but Thatcher is such a believable hard man, hes great. Made Lorcan look like a poor mans Thatcher, rather than the other way round. 

Whatever happened to Chelsea Green? She was getting a good push, then she dropped Robert Stone and disappeared. Shame. Speaking of Stone, he had a good outing as a comedy manager, very Heenan-esque and made Ripley look great. Just could have done without Aaliyah getting a lot of heat on her. 

Good surprise for an Asuka sighting in NXT, however i dont like the fact that Shirai is pretty much all out babyface now, she had a good heel character going. 

The Great American Bash theme was wasted, there wasn't much difference other than a couple of cars. 

Agreed on Thatcher - he just feels real which is probably the biggest compliment I can give him.

Isn't Chelsea moving to Raw or something? Maybe I imagined that. I thought Stone was great in that role tbh Very old school manager.

Io being a babyface is a little disappointing, although she hasn't changed things up too much. They do have a lot of developing heels like Candice and Dakota etc, as well as the 'old' NXT guard so it's been working pretty well up until now. Interesting to see Tegan as the next challenger. Not sure who will be after that. 

WWE don't really do theming anymore. You're lucky you got cars.

5 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Agreed on Thatcher - he just feels real which is probably the biggest compliment I can give him.

Isn't Chelsea moving to Raw or something? Maybe I imagined that. I thought Stone was great in that role tbh Very old school manager.

Io being a babyface is a little disappointing, although she hasn't changed things up too much. They do have a lot of developing heels like Candice and Dakota etc, as well as the 'old' NXT guard so it's been working pretty well up until now. Interesting to see Tegan as the next challenger. Not sure who will be after that. 

WWE don't really do theming anymore. You're lucky you got cars.

I thought they got the "In Your House" one spot on.

This was shite though.

7 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Can’t help but think that Tegan Nox has jumped the queue here & Dakota Kai should be the one to challenge Io before resuming her feud with Nox then inevitably splitting with Raquel Gonzales, akin to Shawn Michaels & Diesel.

I’m sure they teased dissention during a recent tag match, even if it wasn’t highlighted by the commentary team, although Mauro was probably too busy trying to get his sh*t in.

• Awards Moderator

I don’t watch NXT much anymore, but looked up this week’s main event mainly because I haven’t missed a title change since PAC won it. Standard NXT style match (I don’t know why Adam Cole continues to look so shocked when people kick out of his big moves; it happens in every single match) but Keith Lee is a good choice for champion. Hopefully they can find some of that momentum he had around Survivor Series last year.

Wonder if now all the titles are off UE whether now is finally the time to move them off NXT. After Cole’s recovered from that hideous neck bump off the clothesline of course.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

D7475A6A-1B1B-4698-A33A-A99A57EEAB80.thumb.jpeg.73bb856fb599a9cc840aa3fe8f18a394.jpeg

I’m of the opinion that the fictional reality of pro-wrestling is whatever you make it to be, but I draw the line at saying Adam Cole is six foot.

What does the Intangible thing even mean? Undisputed and Limitless are nicknames. So dumb.

I know it's wrong (is it?) to judge wrestlers based on size, especially since wrestlers are, generally, smaller than ever. 

But Cole is one I look at and just have a hard time believing he would be a world or heavyweight champion. 

I also hate his wrestling style, which doesn't help, but he looks like a swimmer.